Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru outback 2.5i limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 month old Outback had the left front fender crumbled up , yes my wife cut it in the carport post. 3100 miles on it!! Nothing was wrong except it needed a brand new driver side fender. before the body shop repaired it my Blind spot lamps on the inside of both mirrors was fully illuminated when someone got in my blind spot. its a 1x3 in light. the body shop removed my driver side mirror and sanded down the door to blend in the new painted fender. Now the blind spot illumination light is only a 1/4 in x 2-1/2 in light. drastically reduced. Is there as setting to get the full lit lamp back??? Im not crazy because i know dang well it used to be fully lit when someone got in my blind spot. PLEASE help, im not crazy as lots of these 2018s have the small lit lamp.:|:|:|

·
Registered
2018 Subaru outback 2.5i limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can some of you post what your 2018 outback blind spot detection lamps look like

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
315 Posts
Hi @realstinger,

You're posting in the "Website problems and issues forum" which is devoted to issues around the overall website and forums (problems with user accounts, website function, etc.).

You'll get a lot more attention if you post in a more appropriate forum. I'd suggest "Gen 5: 2015 - 2019" or alternatively "Problems and Maintenance."

To try and answer your question (without a pic), my blind spot detection light is a solid yellow bar on the inside of the side view mirrors. As best I can recall, the light fully illuminates in the portion of the display on the side view mirror - I have never seen less than full illumination on the display area of the mirror housing, but haven't paid particular attention. I am pretty sure there is no setting that can adjust any sort of light output on this device (brightness, size / area, timing, etc.)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,194 Posts

·
Registered
18,162 Posts
Also don't have a photo, but I had a 2018 for a while a few days ago and noticed the BSD lights on the mirrors. They were vertical, perhaps quarter-inch wide and two inches high, orange sort of color, and lit up when there was another car in the left rear quarter (i.e., blind spot area). Certainly didn't see any light on the inside housing (toward the door) of the mirror that was an inch wide. Perhaps that's for a different warning situation that I didn't experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts