Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I've been trying to figure out an issue I've seen on a 2018 Outback and 2018 Legacy with the Factory Remote Starter installed. Typically, on a vehicle with remote start, the Climate Control settings return to whatever they were set at previously. For example, you have your car set with the heat and window defrosters on in the winter time so the windows are clear and the car is warm when you go out to it.

However, both the 2018 Legacy and Outback I tested this out on do not reactivate the Climate Control settings to what they were before. Instead, the screen only displays "Full Auto" and a light fan can be felt from the front defroster. No temperature or other gauges light up. We tried this with heat, cold, every setting we could think of. When the car is started normally these settings return the way I would expect them to, but when the Remote Starter is activated, it defaults back to this "Full Auto" setting with a light lukewarm temperature coming from the front defroster area. That's it.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Or is this how these are "supposed" to work?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts