Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i, Premium w/Eyesight Vision
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, picked up a 2018 2.5i Premium with eyesight on Wednesday. Coming from a 2016 Wrangler Rubicon which went to my daughter as a college graduation gift.

So far very happy. Rides great and feels very secure on the road. Drive it up to a remote area Thursday in snow and about 10 degree weather. Drive was mostly paved roads but last 10 Miles is dirt roads that were snow and ice covered and mostly elevation gain as we end at about 10,000.

Never felt the car slid or struggle once. Enough confidence to pass some cars inching along on one of the passes on the way up.

Only issue we had was on a back 4x4 trail when I decided to see if it would go through deeper snow. Snow was very dry and my brain wasn’t functioning so I got the car stuck. When my brain clicked back in I turned off the traction control and got out.

Some infotainment glitches to be sure but nothing significant yet. I’ll dedinitely be putting the Yokohama Geolandar tires on right away. I think that will give me the confidence to get to a lot of the remote trail heads we went in the Rubicon.

Biggest issue I can see is working out if the wife or I get to drive it back down to denver today.

Is post some pictures but don’t think I have enough posts yet so that will have to come later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Denver purchase where? How much?

We live in Centennial and we are going to buy a 2018 very soon. Can you tell me where you purchased and what your price was, not including taxes or dealer fee. Just the negotiated price. Also, what dealership did you buy from. Finally, I cannot include my email yet, so please text me at 209-304-9810. Thanks. John

·
Registered
My wifes 2016 2.5 LTD W/ Everything -and 2" Eco-hitch
189 Posts
Well, picked up a 2018 2.5i Premium with eyesight on Wednesday. Coming from a 2016 Wrangler Rubicon which went to my daughter as a college graduation gift.

So far very happy. Rides great and feels very secure on the road. Drive it up to a remote area Thursday in snow and about 10 degree weather. Drive was mostly paved roads but last 10 Miles is dirt roads that were snow and ice covered and mostly elevation gain as we end at about 10,000.

Never felt the car slid or struggle once. Enough confidence to pass some cars inching along on one of the passes on the way up.

Only issue we had was on a back 4x4 trail when I decided to see if it would go through deeper snow. Snow was very dry and my brain wasn’t functioning so I got the car stuck. When my brain clicked back in I turned off the traction control and got out.

Some infotainment glitches to be sure but nothing significant yet. I’ll dedinitely be putting the Yokohama Geolandar tires on right away. I think that will give me the confidence to get to a lot of the remote trail heads we went in the Rubicon.

Biggest issue I can see is working out if the wife or I get to drive it back down to denver today.

Is post some pictures but don’t think I have enough posts yet so that will have to come later.
Cool - you should fill in your vehicle exacts on signature or side, mods too, have fun!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i, Premium w/Eyesight Vision
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We live in Centennial and we are going to buy a 2018 very soon. Can you tell me where you purchased and what your price was, not including taxes or dealer fee. Just the negotiated price. Also, what dealership did you buy from. Finally, I cannot include my email yet, so please text me at 209-304-9810. Thanks. John
I'll post the details in the Prices Paid thread in this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts