Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 OB2.5 Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to change out the stock bulks on the license plate to leds and some how my rear lights not working beside the turn signals and brake lights when I step on the brake. Maybe my fuse burnt for the rear?Please advise which fuse under the dash should I look for? Thanks just got the car last week.
Or should I bring it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A one week old car should not be blowing fuses. Replacing the fuse yourself can't possibly be the right solution for you.

Theres a lot of poorly engineered bottom of barrel led lights on the market.
Could be related to popping fuses...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 OB2.5 Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anybody a tech here to help me which number should i check?
here's the diagram.

i'll be checking #3 & #4 on the engine bag for the illumi and not sure which # is for the rear lights

fuse #3 10 ILLUMI
fuse #4 10 TAIL

·
Registered
2018 OB2.5 Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
solved my problem. #4 on the engine bay fuse was out. replaced it and now everything is good. thanks everyone.

now, anybody know the size bulbs for the interior and reverse lights?

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,021 Posts
solved my problem. #4 on the engine bay fuse was out. replaced it and now everything is good. thanks everyone.

I suggest you return to your dealer and ask for the owner's manual they owe you, it should have been included with your vehicle. Inside that manual is the information you seek.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,107 Posts

Sure, let me dig out my owner's manual and look that up for you...

I should be able to get back to you in 2 - 3 weeks. Hang in there!

·
Registered
2018 Limited
108 Posts
The backup lights are W16W, but I have no idea for the interior lights. The manual that others are so insistent to point you to read and figure it out yourself does not provide light-by-light replacement page. Perhaps its there but I could not find it and only read any manual as a last resort.

If you're interested in replacing the interior lights, recommend buying a kit from Amazon that has all the interior lights for OB for about $25US, or something like it.

If you do decide to do the interior, be careful of the puddle light on the bottom of the door. I blew that fuse changing it and had to search the web for the right fuse number. It will also take out the wireless door lock/unlock, Homelink, and tire TPMS sensor readings too. A quick search took me to this website and someone helpful had posted the solution.

That fuse is 26 on the inside the cabin. The label in the manual is is BACK UP 10amp mini fuse. Manual was not helpful at all for finding out which one I needed to replace.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,107 Posts
The backup lights are W16W, but I have no idea for the interior lights. The manual that others are so insistent to point you to read and figure it out yourself does not provide light-by-light replacement page. Perhaps its there but I could not find it and only read any manual as a last resort.

If you're interested in replacing the interior lights, recommend buying a kit from Amazon that has all the interior lights for OB for about $25US, or something like it.

If you do decide to do the interior, be careful of the puddle light on the bottom of the door. I blew that fuse changing it and had to search the web for the right fuse number. It will also take out the wireless door lock/unlock, Homelink, and tire TPMS sensor readings too. A quick search took me to this website and someone helpful had posted the solution.

That fuse is 26 on the inside the cabin. The label in the manual is is BACK UP 10amp mini fuse. Manual was not helpful at all for finding out which one I needed to replace.
There are numerous posts covering the bulb part numbers of every bulb in the car. Click on the 'google custom search' bar on the upper right hand corner of this website.

·
Registered
2018 OB2.5 Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i had some 31mm leds from my wrx(2011) that i bought extra. they didnt fit and it was a bit long, had to buy 28mm leds for it.

the light under the doors were fine when i put the led. thank god.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts