Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i, 89K
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I traded in the 2008 for a new 2018 Outback 2.5.
While I'd hope the old service manual would cover some bases.... Seems things have changed in 10 years.
That said, can anyone point me towards the 2018 shop service manual?

Many Thanks,

Bryan

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 328d Wagon / 2018 3.6R Touring
706 Posts
I just went there to get the manuals for my new 3.6R. Much better than it used to be, last time I did it I had to get every stinking chapter one by one. Now just 3 downloads got me the bulk of what I need. Too bad it's not free, but compared to trying to get info on a new BMW it's a bargain.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i, 89K
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow... Things have changed on the past 10 years.

WRT to the site above, if I pay the 3 day at $34.95 am I able to download PDF versions of the complete 2018 outback service manual?

I simply want the pdf of the manuals. I'm happy to pay for them, but the subscription thing has me a bit confused.

Thanks for the guidance.

Bryan

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,161 Posts
... if I pay the 3 day at $34.95 am I able to download PDF versions of the complete 2018 outback service manual?
Yes.

... the subscription thing has me a bit confused.
Short answer: It's "all you can eat" ... 3 days full download access to virtually the entire Subaru technical publications library (PDF format) for $34.95. A rare bargain, IMO! There is (or at least used to be) a download limit of 50 files per hour, but that isn't really very limiting.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
I just went there to get the manuals for my new 3.6R. Much better than it used to be, last time I did it I had to get every stinking chapter one by one. Now just 3 downloads got me the bulk of what I need. Too bad it's not free, but compared to trying to get info on a new BMW it's a bargain.
A request, please . . .

If you have a subscription, could you check if earlier FSM (e.g., my 2007) are also available as single downloads? I've gone through the chapter-by-chapter routine several times over the years for different years. I'd like to make sure I have the most up-to-date versions of them, but I'm reluctant to go through that routine again, several times over. Your confirmation (one way or the other) would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2018 328d Wagon / 2018 3.6R Touring
706 Posts
I'll check this morning, I still have 2 days left on my subscription. glad to see you're still here OM, got a lot of great advice from you in the past.

Interesting....

A search for 2007 Outback brings up 2 entries, one for the shop manual, and one for the mechanical function manual. I did the default of a 2.5 Litre, 4EAT, AWD

Highlighting the shop manual brings up the upper-level document G2420BE_V40 and a number of MSA5T0700A thru ....07A. If I do a search for those 'MS...' names it brings me right back to the main manual.

Did a further search and everything basically predated the 2012 creation date of the manual. The few that were later only mentioned that some steps changed, no details as to the changes.

I've got plenty of time left, let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
'18 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Nav
2,861 Posts
I have never had a shop manual for a car. Is such a manual worth getting?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,322 Posts
Wow... Things have changed on the past 10 years.

WRT to the site above, if I pay the 3 day at $34.95 am I able to download PDF versions of the complete 2018 outback service manual?

I simply want the pdf of the manuals. I'm happy to pay for them, but the subscription thing has me a bit confused.

Thanks for the guidance.

Bryan
you can click the link in my signature about updating your car to a 18 from a 08. (and maybe save the 08 in a signature to reference you had one for old posts).

I wish people that have paid the $35 would upload the files to the SLI.net page with the help of mods/admins over there. (sucks that no one has done so for 2016-present).

but the 2015 should get you started.

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
Thirty five bucks is a great deal for a factory shop manual, I used to spend that much on a brand-generic Chiltons book that also doubled as a tire-chock.

Reactions: ammcinnis

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
608 Posts
$35 and you can get a 3 day pass into the Subaru support website and download pretty much anything you want.

https://techinfo.subaru.com/index.html

I love it; it lets a little owner like me get what I need, but it's legit - the same resource that a full dealer support center uses.

I was aware of that site. I thought you had ordered a physical manual from Subaru.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts