Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2.5
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there's another HIGHLY popular thread in here somewhere discussing the Outback seats, but I didn't find one.

May I please just state for the record how immensely happy I am with the comfort/support of the (front) seats in our new 2018 Outback Touring?

We just traded our 2015 Forester Touring on the Outback, for the primary reason that we have to frequently travel between middle TN and Atlanta (2x/wk). We loved almost everything about the Forester, but the trip in the Forester seats was grueling. Admittedly, I have a bony, scrawny backside, some lower back and hip issues and am way too sedentary.

The Outback passenger seat is outstanding, at least for me. I cannot believe just how much difference there is between the Forester and Outback and 3 years. Just the right amount of lateral support without being too confining, perfect amount of (non-adjustable :-() lumbar support, similar comfort either upright or reclined a little or a LOT. It is on a par with our 2004 GMC Sierra with all the bells; maybe even better.

Thanks Subaru! (Love everything else about the Outback too!)

·
Registered
2013 OB
106 Posts
That's interesting. At a Subaru dealership I was at recently, I had the sales guy measure the rear passenger seat. He was trying to get me into an Outback and told me it was bigger. From what we measured, they are almost identical. I wonder if anything changed in the Forester (one I was looking at was a 2017). Spec sheets also say they've got about the same amount of room, except slightly less headroom in the Forester (due to the sloping roof from a shorter rear end). The seats seemed on-par with each other as well.

But I am pretty tolerant when it comes to seats (I suffer from bony/scrawny backside as well). I loved the cloth seats in my old 2013 OB Premium. Drove 12 hrs without issues. It was much better than some of the truck and SUV's I've had!

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring 3.6R, '11 Legacy 3.6R Limited. '11 WRX not stock
455 Posts
Bony, scrawny backside sounds like me and I too am very happy with the seats........ and the rest of our OB Touring. We drove from Jersey to Key West in two days and loved every minute.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2.5
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't done any measurements (Forester is traded/gone now anyway), but I would guess that the Outback seats are at most 1/2" longer in the seat pan and wider. But it is just enough to "distribute" my butt weight and result in comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts