Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions as to which Vent Shades/Rain Deflectors work best for a 2018 Outback?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
602 Posts
I ran across two variants of the OEM window vent shades, opaque and transparent.

Maybe not in the US dealer network but it is available internationally through Subaru.

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
488 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just searched Amazon for the In-Channel style units and there are none available there. Does anyone have info on a manufacturer that does make the In-Channel style for 2018 Outbacks?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just searched Amazon for the In-Channel style units and there are none available there. Does anyone have info on a manufacturer that does make the In-Channel style for 2018 Outbacks?

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
671 Posts
I bought & installed the OEM deflectors but I think I should have used the Weather Tech in channel ones instead. I had to return & replace the 1st box of OEM deflectors because the driver's side one was broken. A piece cracked off of it. I would have thought it would be more bendy flexy than hard & crackable. Being outside on your car where debris off other cars & trucks can have a whack at it. Plus now that they're on changing would be a P I T A. Because of the sticky tape. Well if they crack Weather Tech will be next.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium in Wilderness Green with moonroof, Starlink and safety package added. My dream car! <3
7 Posts
I bought the stick-on window deflectors for my 2018 Outback and they look great! I previously had them on my 2012 Honda Fit and the adhesive lasted for 4 years with no problems (and still going strong after I sold the car to my daughter).

I'm having trouble finding a Moonroof deflector that fits my Subaru. If anyone has found one (and I prefer the stick-on for ease of installation), please post a link.

·
Registered
2016 2.5 outback limited
165 Posts
ive had good luck with the ones off of ebay. i dont like the in channel as much, so ive found ones with a chrome strip to match the chrome strip of the car. for about 40 bucks, they look nice so im gonna order a set for my 16. also, if you cant find 18, 15- will work, as no style changes made to sides of car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would prefer the weather tech but the front portion will block or severally tint the blind spot monitor light. For that reason I just ordered OEM Subaru vent visors. My friend has a set of OEM on his 2010 outback and they still look like brand new and excellent quality. I deemed it worth the premium. They will be going on my 2018 dark blue touring whenever they show up in the mail. I also ordered a weather tech sun visor for the windshield to further protect the interior when parked outside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rain guard and vent deflectors the same?

Hello we just bought a new outback. we are excited about it!
Thinking of getting the Subaru brand window guards installed. Are the terms rain guards and wind deflectors interchangeable?
I see them both used.

My other question- will they keep rain off the side windows? I feel like it can be a little hard to see out the windows when it is raining and I did not notice this issue on my Camry which had the guards, but I am not sure if there is a different reason related to the shape of the car.

·
Registered
'18 3.6R Ltd
731 Posts
I would prefer the weather tech but the front portion will block or severally tint the blind spot monitor light...
I wish they did. I find that light quite annoying.

That said, I'm not sure I can recommend the WeatherTech deflectors. I had the on a different vehicle, and they were great, but I had to modify them on my OB because the window auto-stop was too sensitive to get over the bump caused by the deflectors. Having done that, they work fine now, but installation was more difficult than it needed to be. HPH

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium
161 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I wish they did. I find that light quite annoying.

That said, I'm not sure I can recommend the WeatherTech deflectors. I had the on a different vehicle, and they were great, but I had to modify them on my OB because the window auto-stop was too sensitive to get over the bump caused by the deflectors. Having done that, they work fine now, but installation was more difficult than it needed to be. HPH

I installed the Weathertech ones on my 2018 Outback. It is true that the anti pinch sensors will stop the window on an one touch up, but I just stop the window when it starts to slow down, and inch it up a bit at a time till is is closed. Eventually, everything gets used to the insert in the channel and the window goes up with no problem. It just needs to get adjusted to the increased thickness in the channel.

I don't find that the guard blocks out the blind spot light. I can still see it fine.

As far as moonroof defectors, I went with OEM product off eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263004856569

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium
161 Posts
Ok, so here is the deal on these. https://www.mycarworx.com/store/responsive_site/Outback_2015-PerfectFit_TapedRainVisor.html#buy. I spoke with Steve Carl who let me know they jumped the gun it looks like on these and started all the commerce a bit early. Here are his exact words:

Hello,

We have not built this tooling yet. We are at least 3 months away from selling these parts.

myemailwrote:

Hello,

When do you think that the window visors for the 2018 Outback will be back in stock?I really want a set.

So, it looks like we are in for a wait for these in case anyone was wondering. Even more curious is how there are all these reviews, even when this gentleman said they aren't even built yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts