Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iPhone connected through USB with Waze running stops radio every time Waze navigation audio comes out. Only way to resume radio is to press source button again.
Event hough Waze is not supported by Carplay, i use it for navigation with iPhone connected to USB port for charging.

This is so annoying as Waze is not supported by Carplay and if I choose to run it, i have to constantly select source to resume Radio.

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
Sounds like an Apple issue and not a Subaru issue.

Have you voiced your concerns on the iPhone forum?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an 18 and it's extremely aggravating it will work with carplay running, just not xmradio. I typically run it in the background so I get alerts for police and weather. But I do miss the waze.

crm

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
19 Posts
crm, I'm not sure that Apple will ever open up their ecosystem to competing map software. Waze works fine with Android Auto and Sirius/XM on my 2018 Outback.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
New user to forum - I had a 2015 Forrester with eyesight, so lease was up. My wife got a 2018 Forrester and I a 2018 Outback limited a few weeks ago.

Love the both cars, and each have a few +/-, but this is one of the major minuses of the outback. I hope Waze or Subaru fixes the issue, if not I will move to just pandora or other streaming and forgo XM.

The other is today the Navigation would find any addresses via search and eyesight was non functional but no indication it was off. Had to stop the car, turn it off and restart. But that is for another thread post ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same problem. I need waze more than i need CarPlay. Frustratingly, CarPlay has not added any functionality that i didn't already have via bluetooth.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Touring 2.5
50 Posts
I have the same issue. Very annoying. Not just with the XM radio, but with the radio in general. It stops the music if waze makes any sound while the phone is connected to apple car play.

to be clear: Waze and music works fine if connected through bluetooth, but if the phone is connected with the cable and through carplay, the music will stop if the waze makes any sound. I want the waze to just lower the volume of the music like it does via bluetooth or apple maps via carplay...

Anyone found a solution to this yet?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same issue. Very annoying. Not just with the XM radio, but with the radio in general. It stops the music if waze makes any sound while the phone is connected to apple car play.

to be clear: Waze and music works fine if connected through bluetooth, but if the phone is connected with the cable and through carplay, the music will stop if the waze makes any sound. I want the waze to just lower the volume of the music like it does via bluetooth or apple maps via carplay...

Anyone found a solution to this yet?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tested a KIA with carPlay. Exact same behavior. So basically the head unit can't switch properly from radio to waze and come back to radio while connected to apple carplay.

·
Registered
2016 Outback
6 Posts
I don't use "Carplay" but when I plugged my iPhone into the USB for charging purposes Waze lost its direction.

Indicated speed fluctuated wildly and Waze would constantly change its mind on whether I was driving toward my destination or away from it.

I got a cigarette lighter USB adapter and plugged the cord into that...problem solved.

Interestingly, GoogleMaps did not have the same problem. So it is a Waze compatibility issue.

I hate the navigation voice prompts, so I always have those muted. Would rather glance at the screen for confirmation then have the music interrupted by navigation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts