Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the new 2018 Outbacks have the option of a 110V AC outlet? Does Subaru have this option (not on their website) or Do I just need to buy a 12V to 110 volt inverter and be happy with that and it's current limitations?

Thanks for any help, Mike

·
Registered
2016 Carbide Grey 2.5 Limited Outback with Eyesight. Add-on: Geolandar GO15's on 17" WRX rims, Ecohitch
300 Posts
It's available as an accessory option when you order. ($375 per website)...I believe it replaces the 12V plug in the cargo area.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,107 Posts
I never saw the point of these in a vehicle. Not enough wattage to run anything bigger than a laptop. My wife's Jeep Cherokee TH has one, and we never use it.

·
Premium Member
2017 2.5i Outback Limited w/ES
79 Posts
I had one on the JSW and since I have eysight couldn't get one on the outback. I dont miss it.

I use a nitecore d4 with a 12v plug

Many laptops have auto/air/travel chargers available.

Many of the devices we would plug into AC really want DC anyway and if they can handle 11-16v should be fine to plug into the accessory port.
should be lower electrical load then stepping from 12v dc to 110vac back down to dc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts