Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally someone else who has squawked the rearview mirror placement on these new Outbacks.

After purchasing my 18' Outback with Eyesight I quickly realized that the rearview mirror was kind of an annoyance and hindered forward visibility for me. Especially when making right hand turns. Coming from a 15' Forester w/out Eyesight, and older Outbacks I just couldn't remember the rearview mirror being in such a limiting forward visibility location.
I can kind of understand the Forester, it has more of a upright windshield. Unlike the Outback's raked back one. Makes me wonder if a Forester with Eyesight would now have the same annoyance?
So does anyone else think the rearview mirror on these new Outbacks are mounted to low down on the windshield?

·
Registered
2018 Crystal White Pearl Outback 3.6R Touring
89 Posts
I don't have a problem with it. I'm 6'2 and I can see well :) Loving my new ride !

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,655 Posts
Never crossed my mind. My wife who has never hesitated to voice her opinion about things has never said a word.

Reactions: RDL

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,424 Posts
6'-0" I've never had a problem. Never even considered it until you posted this thread. Thanks a lot!:grin2:

You can adjust the mirror higher with some contorting of the mounting stalk. I've done it on many different cars in order to get good clearance for the radar detector.

Just push the stalk up at the windshield as high as it will go, then turn the mirror down where the stalk mounts to the mirror.

·
Registered
2018 Crystal White Pearl Outback 3.6R Touring
89 Posts
Yeah, I took a look after this post also...never thought about it until this thread. LOL It is a little low, but I don't have any trouble seeing.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts