Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Those of you who are lucky enough to already own a 2018 Outback with the STARLINK navigation system may find the complexity of the voice commands list to be overwhelming. I know I am as I am coming from a 2011 Outback with a significantly less sophisticated navigation system.

While all the commands are listed in the STARLINK Owner's Manual I find it difficult to refer to the manual while driving. Thus I have decided to print out the list which I can keep handy and refer to while driving if need be.

I am attaching the first of my lists as pdf files which you are welcome to print out and use. As time permits I will endeavor to print out the balance of the 7 lists for your use.

Hope this helps you enjoy your new 2018 Outback.

Fred Meloan

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As time permits I will endeavor to print out the balance of the 7 lists for your use.
Attached are the final two voice command lists from your STARLINK Owner's Manual. Note that I have added a margin to the left hand side of each list so that you can create a booklet by cutting out each of the 7 lists and stapling them together.

Let us know if this helps you enjoy your STARLINK nav system.

Fred Meloan

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 OB 2.5i Limited w/ES
141 Posts
Hope this helps you enjoy your new 2018 Outback.
Does anyone know which of these, if any, are new / changed from the '17? Looking them over, they seem very familiar to this '17 owner ..

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Starlink voice commands list

After several days of using the lists I printed I find that the "MAIN VOICE COMMANDS" list solves over 90% of my needs. I suggest you print that list first and see if it solves the problem for you.

My $0.02. YMMV

Fred Meloan

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited w/Eye-sight
16 Posts
Very helpful, thanks Fred!

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
756 Posts
If you are in navigation mode...looking at the map screen....

Is there a voice command to display the radio screen? It would be equivalent to reaching waaay over and pressing the AUDIO/TUNE button.

I looked but couldn't find a way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why can't I download the files? When I try I get this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/vbseo.php on this server.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited with Eyesight, Forest Green
92 Posts
Why can't I download the files? When I try I get this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/vbseo.php on this server.
That's been happening for a week or two. Seems like they did an update and that's when it started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WoodB - thanks, it works now. But it doesn't solve my problem, which is how to call call up a favorite or previous destination using a voice command. As far as I can tell, you can't. In my old car, a Ford, I just said "Navigation Favorites," and then I was able to select a line, all by voice command.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts