Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Pearl Outback 3.6R Premier
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of three mornings now, I have issues starting my 2018 Outback 3.6r. Both times cold start in the morning, it turns over strong but doesn't fire. This morning, I had to press the start button 4 times and it suddenly started and then idled and ran normal. The first three presses it turned over strong until it stopped trying. Its like its losing its prime - which cannot be good for the fuel pump. I have an appointment at dealer for next week and will update.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Limited
24 Posts
How cold was it? Just curious.
Two of three mornings now, I have issues starting my 2018 Outback 3.6r. Both times cold start in the morning, it turns over strong but doesn't fire. This morning, I had to press the start button 4 times and it suddenly started and then idled and ran normal. The first three presses it turned over strong until it stopped trying. Its like its losing its prime - which cannot be good for the fuel pump. I have an appointment at dealer for next week and will update.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Pearl Outback 3.6R Premier
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad gas, I'm thinking. Ran it to empty as far as I dared, filled with fresh and not a problem since - several cold starts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts