Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster. Have a 2018 limited loaded up. Love the car. Recently though when backing out of my driveway and only when I am going in reverse i hear a clunking sound that is a little louder than just being subtle when hitting the brakes after reversing. Any thoughts? and is it worth bringing it in?

·
Registered
2018 Limited
108 Posts
I have 18 LTD and does not make any sound, so yes at least get a looked at.

Chances are, though, they won't hear it at the dealer and say that they checked it out but at least there's a record of you bringing it in for the issue, if anything develops.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,154 Posts
... when I am going in reverse i hear a clunking sound ... when hitting the brakes after reversing. Any thoughts?
That is almost certainly the pads shifting slightly in one or more of the brake calipers, due to normal clearances. There are already "anti-rattle clips" in place to minimize the noise, but it's more audible in some Legacys/Outbacks than others. I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets significantly louder.

FWIW, I routinely hear this kind of light "clunk" when reversing in our 2015 Legacy, but not in our 2016 Outback.

Reactions: Rico
1 - 4 of 4 Posts