Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Tuff Country 2" lift kit installed through Les Schwab. Unlike the other kits, Tuff country is a 2" front and back lift.
I was wondering how it affects the geometry of the vehicle. Do I need subframe spacers to restore the geometry?
Also, would wheel spacers allow for wider tires for the snow?

Any advice would help as I do not know much about cars, and I would be bringing the Subaru to a shop for any modifications.

Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not really familiar with that lift, maybe share a link?
Generally, going over one inch higher requires spacers to center the rear wheels in the wheel well. They're typically installed when the lift is and and are required at that time or else the wheel would rub on the fender. If you have a 2 inch kit and are driving it around, they may have come with the kit and are already on, or your kit is a different kind than most that doesn't require them. How does it look? are the rear wheels too far forward or do they appear centered in the wheel well?

Spacers would widen your stance and there are members here who use them. Personal opinion, spacers are just adding something that could wrong in an area of the car you really don't want to have a problem while driving. How wide of tire are you planning on running? Most with lift kits seem to use a 245 width and don't require a spacer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the Tuff Country 2" lift kit installed through Les Schwab. Unlike the other kits, Tuff country is a 2" front and back lift.
I was wondering how it affects the geometry of the vehicle. Do I need subframe spacers to restore the geometry?
Also, would wheel spacers allow for wider tires for the snow?

Any advice would help as I do not know much about cars, and I would be bringing the Subaru to a shop for any modifications.

Thanks!

Off-Road Outback, Any updates on that lift from Les Schwab? I was looking at something similar but I am down a rabbit hole about spacers and the excessive wear that can occur without them. That kit is cheap but I am thinking it is a bit too cheap and I would rather get a ADF setup for the same cost and install it myself. Any pics would be great also, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts