Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was waiting for 2018 outback information so long.
Finally, they updated their website today
but I was very disappointed that 2.5i Premium trim wheels remain in the same design as the current year.
Most automaker when they facelift the car usually get wheels updated
but Subaru didn't do it this time for a lower trim.

Honda Crv, Rav 4 and forester they all have black finished wheels on lowest trim
but not on the outback

:crying:

now i might consider getting a forester !!

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,780 Posts
... I was very disappointed that 2.5i Premium trim wheels remain in the same design as the current year.
but Subaru didn't do it this time ...
The things some people obsess about! You know what? I'll bet that the 2018 Premium wheels function every bit as well as the 2015-2017 Premium wheels.

·
Registered
2016 OB 3.6R - Carbide Gray
1,297 Posts
I was waiting for 2018 outback information so long.
Finally, they updated their website today
but I was very disappointed that 2.5i Premium trim wheels remain in the same design as the current year.
but Subaru didn't do it this time for a lower trim.

Honda Crv, Rav 4 and forester they all have black finished wheels on lowest trim
but not on the outback

:crying:

now i might consider getting a forester !!
:surprise::laugh:

You know you can replace the wheels for about 500-1000 dollars, right? Just a thought if they are that bad. You can likely even work that into the deal.....

·
Registered
Former: 2010 & 2002 OB
360 Posts
I was dissapointed they aren't offering the Touring in red... I wish it were as simple as not having the wheels I Want! :D
There are plenty of people who would buy the rims from you to use as winter wheels, so you could buy what you really want along with some better tires.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2021 Outback Limited 2.5L - 🍦The Ice Cream Man🍦
5,690 Posts
I am disappointed that they did not offer a different wheel for the Premium trim too. Whatever though, I would plan to put Crosstrek rims on my Outback anyway.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,215 Posts
What's disappointing for me is being FORCED to get the navigation HU in order to have CarPlay or Android Auto. So... they're going to force me to add a feature I will NEVER use in order to get a feature that replaces it? That makes total sense.

EDIT: OOPS, that wall of text was difficult to read/skim. I missed in my original skim that the 8" MultiMedia Plus system that is standard in the Premium does have those connectivity options.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wait, can you swap 18" outback wheels for crosstrek wheels? Are they exactly the same size? That would be cool. I like the ones from 2016...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wait, can you swap 18" outback wheels for crosstrek wheels? Are they exactly the same size? That would be cool. I like the ones from 2016...
Crosstrek wheels are 17s
Pretty sure the bolt pattern is different as well.
Crosstreks are 5x100 (at least 2013-2016) and 2015+ outbacks are 5x114

I ended up selling my crosstrek winter wheels (which were off a BRZ) when I got the 15 outback because the wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
17 OB Premium, White/Black.
122 Posts
Premium wheels look better than Limited wheels. :)

Reactions: skipw and ammcinnis

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,656 Posts
I was allso disappointed in the color choices for the Touring. I really wanted a touring in twilight blue with the Brown interior. Nope.

Now for 2018 the twilight Blue only comes with gray of black and no ivory. IMO, that makes no sense.

All these color choices tend to make me drop the idea of trading my 2017 Limited for a 2018 Outback. The only real disappointment I have with 2017 OB is road noise. Hushmat sound insulation can help fix the road noise. :)

·
Registered
2014 2.5i PZEV Tungsten Outback Limited W/Moonroof, Accessory Value Package A.
114 Posts
I agree the color choices in conjunction with the interiors is not that great.

I like the Twilight Blue and Grey. I hope it looks lighter blue in person than the pictures show.
I would like to see the Crimson Red with Grey. The pictures on Subaru's web site are gorgeous, Grey would be an excellent interior color.
Crystal White with Grey. I really like white and we presently have an 2014 Outback in White (the Wife's), we are looking at probably trading or selling that car for the 2018.

I am torn between the three exterior colors above and will wait to see them in person. The Blue is my only option if I make a grey interior a must have. Granted this is my Wife's car but it will be our weekend cruise mobile so the colors are important, and I get to drive it then. :grin2:

We both have had ivory leather interiors since our 2004 accords, and we would like to get a grey interior, tired of ivory.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,656 Posts
Russellpat, how about getting quieter tires?
Excellent. That is also on the list of improvements to make. Michelin LTX seems like a good choice. One at a time. :) In addition, there will be a new battery before winter. I just do not trust the low powered factory battery.

·
Registered
In the market for an Outback
7 Posts
Does someone know if the 2018 premium trim has rear air vents?

I can't find any information about them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts