Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2018 Outback 3.6 in today for the Radio software update.

They also applied a TCM update - C7FB3080. Does anyone have the details of what this update was trying to fix?

Brian

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 3.6r - 2014 Tacoma 4.0 V-6
22 Posts
I took my 2018 Outback 3.6 in today for the Radio software update.

They also applied a TCM update - C7FB3080. Does anyone have the details of what this update was trying to fix?

Brian
Any idea how "new" this update is? I bought my '18 in April and am having issues with my radio as well.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
I had what I believe was the same firmware update applied last Saturday. It is supposed to resolve the issue with the head unit freezing up, and the preset buttons stuck on initializing. While it hasn't been long enough for me to say it fixed my freeze ups, it sadly has not resolved the #4 preset button getting stuck initializing. Others have reported that this same version has not resolved the freeze ups. Rumor has it there will be another firmware update in June. Hopefully this one will be available for over the air updates.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TCM = Tranmission Control Module. That's the update I'm looking for more information on.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
Sorry. There's been so much traffic about the head unit issue, I thought it was about that. I'll shut up now. :bonk:

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 3.6r - 2014 Tacoma 4.0 V-6
22 Posts
Just got my radio updated to the latest firmware. I hope it resolves the issues I've had with volume.

I asked to have them check for ANY other updates, TCM, ECM what have you. The service adviser told me there were no other updates for the car. I purchased the OB April 7th. He was not aware of any TCM updates for the 2018 MY.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts