Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When doing research before I bought my 2018 2.5 Touring, I learned that the 2017s came with a full three years of Sirius XM, but couldn’t find a definitive answer on whether the 2018s did.

When I was at the dealership, after we’d shaken on the deal, I asked, “Now the Touring comes with three years of Sirius, right?” “That’s right,” I was told.

A week or so later, I got my Sirius information in an email and it showed my complimentary subscription expiring after four months, not three years. So I called the dealership to ask about it. The manager did some checking with his Subaru rep and discovered that Subaru had discontinued the three-year Sirius deal. However, he said, the Subaru rep was going to look into it.

A couple of weeks later I get a call from a SOA rep. He apologized for the confusion and told me that if I’d buy a three-year Sirius XM package, Subaru would reimburse me. Nice! I ordered the package, sent the invoice to the SOA rep and a week later received a check for the full amount.

Now THAT is customer service. It was my third experience with SOA customer service, and all have been outstanding! I’ve bought many new vehicles of all different makes over the years, and never have I had such fantastic experiences as I have with Subaru.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6 '15 XV
90 Posts
When doing research before I bought my 2018 2.5 Touring, I learned that the 2017s came with a full three years of Sirius XM, but couldn’t find a definitive answer on whether the 2018s did.

When I was at the dealership, after we’d shaken on the deal, I asked, “Now the Touring comes with three years of Sirius, right?” “That’s right,” I was told.

A week or so later, I got my Sirius information in an email and it showed my complimentary subscription expiring after four months, not three years. So I called the dealership to ask about it. The manager did some checking with his Subaru rep and discovered that Subaru had discontinued the three-year Sirius deal. However, he said, the Subaru rep was going to look into it.

A couple of weeks later I get a call from a SOA rep. He apologized for the confusion and told me that if I’d buy a three-year Sirius XM package, Subaru would reimburse me. Nice! I ordered the package, sent the invoice to the SOA rep and a week later received a check for the full amount.

Now THAT is customer service. It was my third experience with SOA customer service, and all have been outstanding! I’ve bought many new vehicles of all different makes over the years, and never have I had such fantastic experiences as I have with Subaru.
We bought a 2018 Touring OB and got 4 months of service as my salesman described. We bought a new 2015 Crosstrek with a few months of service. No freebies for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think you get 3 years of the XM Star Link service that includes traffic data, weather, gas prices and sport scores.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This brand is unlike any other I have owned before. Its clear they have a different way of dealing with customers and issues than most of the big American and Japanese automotive companies

·
Registered
84 Posts
I purchased two 2017 Outback Premium last year. Neither came with 3-year Sirius XM. On the Star Link, we paid $249 for the 3-year subscription. Maybe the 2017 Limited or Touring had those features.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Different kind of car company. Knew that when they offered to reimburse me for the cost of my low-beam headlight bulbs because they were, in the opinion of the company, blowing too early! Never thought I would see that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts