Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Limited
148 Posts
in one of the videos on the subaru site it shows the car with the silver front underguard. There does not seem to be an accessory book available yet so I am sure its just a matter of time. The car does look better with it. I have a 17 Ive been thinking about trading and thats one of the things I was looking at.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
334 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the front bumper underguard is going to be made available for the 18my?
It certainly is--at least in Japan. Check out the attached photo from the Japanese website--it's a Limited model. I guess the Japanese want to keep the best ideas for themselves.

My $0.02. YMMV

Fred Meloan

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited
9 Posts
The 2018 Outback accessory brochure on Subaru's website shows it and says "available early Fall 2017". Part number is E551SAL010. A quick Google search of the part number shows it available on some sites, but none of them have pictures. Has anyone been successful ordering/installing this for a 2018?

Sorry, I don't have enough posts to be able to post a link.

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
It looks like it is just a piece of silver colored plastic that is attached to the underside of the bumper with double-sided-sticky-tape and trim clips; It really does not guard against anything other than dead bugs.

I have been looking for a few weeks for something a bit more durable, ideally made out of stainless steel or minimally acceptable if made of aluminum.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited
9 Posts
It looks like it is just a piece of silver colored plastic that is attached to the underside of the bumper with double-sided-sticky-tape and trim clips; It really does not guard against anything other than dead bugs.

I have been looking for a few weeks for something a bit more durable, ideally made out of stainless steel or minimally acceptable if made of aluminum.

I had one on my 2012 Outback and it was exactly that...silver colored plastic. Did not guard against anything...was purely for looks.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited, ES, HK, hitch, wheel arch moldings, Glasscoat.
79 Posts
I had the silver underguard on my 2015 Outback Limited, and I'm glad my 2018's is black. That silver plastic, on the nose and low to the ground, showed dirt and damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts