Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if a similar thread already exists (I could not find it). As someone in the market for their 1st Outback, I am weighing the 2 model years. What separates the ‘18 from the ‘19? I assume the changes are small, but what are they? For the owners of ‘18s, do these changes seem like something you’d be interested in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
345 Posts
The 2019 comes with Eyesight as standard. And.... that’s it? The changes where small, I believe Cars101.com has a rolling log of changes between model years.
I apologize if a similar thread already exists (I could not find it). As someone in the market for their 1st Outback, I am weighing the 2 model years. What separates the ‘18 from the ‘19? I assume the changes are small, but what are they? For the owners of ‘18s, do these changes seem like something you’d be interested in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Cars101.com:
"7.9.18 2019 model specs, features and prices announced.
Orders will be open soon (but not as of this writing)
All models get Eyesight as a standard feature.
The 3.6L engine continues to be available.
Starlink connected emergency services remain the same (does not get the new system in the 2019 Ascent, Crosstrek, Impreza)
New colors: cinnamon brown and abyss blue pearl.
Dropped colors: deep blue, and twilight blue.
Twilight blue is a very popular color so if you want one, now is the time to get it
Moonroof is no longer standard on Limited models. Its included in Option Pkg #24 with navigation, steering responsive LED headlights, High beam assist, and Reverse auto brake."

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
346 Posts
From what I've read on this forum the big changes come in the 2020 model. With the 2019's so close now might be the time to score on a 2018 model seeing as the difference is minimal. And Subaru is offering 0% interest on 2018 Outbacks.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
544 Posts
Why should they put lots of money into new design changes only to blow them away? The 2020 model is most likely done wand going into closed testing.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
334 Posts
The 2018 model year Outback is equipped with the Harman Generation 3 Audio and Navigation Head Unit. The 2019 model year is equipped with the Harman Generation 3.1 Audio and Navigation Head Unit. I think that none of the published materials mention this difference. I do not know the details of the difference but suffice it to say that the software update Version U0.18.22.20 described in TSB #15-211-17R dated 07/25/18 for the 2018 Outback is NOT APPLICABLE to the 2019 models. Presumably the 2019 models will NOT have the software problems we have experienced in our 2018 Outbacks.

Having said that I can't see any reason why anyone would purchase a 2019 model year Outback if they can find a 2018 model they want. The current finance rate for the 2019 models is 2.9% vs. 0% for the 2018 models which is another big reason to purchase a 2018 model.

My $0.02. YMMV

Fred Meloan

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,197 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts