Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back when the car had about 1200 miles on it, after a windy rainy Friday I noticed this.

DSCN7757.JPG

DSCN7759.JPG

DSCN7758.JPG

So I took the car to my buddies restoration/body shop. The next day I picked it up.

DSCN7784.JPG

DSCN7787.JPG

DSCN7788.JPG

He told me one good thing about the newer cars with thinner body panels is, they are easier to repair without much work. This was a "painless dent removal". The is no evidence of any damage. Sorry don't recall what I paid, but it wasn't much.

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I more or less posted this so if this happens to others, they realize the fix is painless...;)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
I thought the P stood for painless.....:wink2:

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
I suffered a dent in the same door on my car two weeks ago. It was a long up and down dent, not just a simple dimple, unfortunately. Somebody hit it with something in a parking lot, and because of the way the car was parked it wasn't another car. Looked into the PDR, but was told that my dent was right where there was a stiffener inside the door, and the paintless tools couldn't reach the area cleanly. Instead, $1600 later I have it again looking like new.

Fortunately, my insurance considered it vandalism, since it wasn't possible to have been hit by a car where it was parked. So only $100 out of pocket.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited, ES, HK, hitch, wheel arch moldings, Glasscoat.
79 Posts
I had terrible hail damage on my 15 -- probably 50 dimples, on the hood, roof, even the tops of the doors. The PDR rep had it for a *week*, and it came back perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts