Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some clunking while turning at a slow speed, so I took the car in today. Diagnosed as a bad driver's side axle. 24k miles and a bad axle already?! I don't off road, not hard on my car, no suspension lift, etc.

Has anybody else had issues with the axle/CV at such an early stage? Seems kind of premature, no?

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,962 Posts
No issues on my 2017 at 70k, a lift, and plenty of off road.

This might just be a fluke. Was it covered under warranty?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes, the dealership is happily covering it under warranty. I'm in a 2020 OB as a loaner. Love my 2019, but so far I've had the driver seat squeak x2 replacements, rear tailgate sensor went bad x2, and now the driver axle replacement - all under 24k miles. I guess the Yeti Backpack Cooler and the $350 service coupon is definitely warranted now that I think about it.

·
Registered
2019 OUTBACK 2.5 TOURING
81 Posts
I spent a lifetime in new car garages of many different makes. They all break and there is generally no rhyme nor reason unless it is an inherent fault in the car. Don't let it worry you until it starts actually costing you money. Odds are great it won't for a long time.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Pearl Outback 3.6R Premier
182 Posts
Yup, my driver side CV axle was replaced last year on my 2018 3.6r. Replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Wassup Brucey ! I'd like to pick your brain on your knowledge of what works for front and rear swaybars on a 2015 legacy .
Thanks

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I noticed some clunking while turning at a slow speed, so I took the car in today. Diagnosed as a bad driver's side axle. 24k miles and a bad axle already?! I don't off road, not hard on my car, no suspension lift, etc.

Has anybody else had issues with the axle/CV at such an early stage? Seems kind of premature, no?
My 2018 3.6R with 70k km is in right now getting them replaced. Started out just over 10k km ago with a wobbling effect when taking off with moderate acceleration. They diagnosed it as loose axle clips after consulting with Subaru tech experts and said they reseated the clips. It was ok for a while and then started to come back. Now they decided to replace both axles with Subaru remanufactured ones. Those were making crackling sounds on left turn start offs so they tried replacing them before giving me the car back knowing it wasn’t right. 3 sets later still an issue so they escalated issue and Subaru decided to try brand new OEM ones. Hopefully will got it back this week and see if it’s all sorted. All under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts