Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback Touring 2.5
133 Posts
Took mine in this week and took a loaner. The service writer called later to apologize that they had run out of the part and would need to keep it overnight until more parts arrived. Now since I had a long standing appointment, not sure how they run out of the part but no big deal to me. No gas smell when I retrived the Outback.

Had them fix the TSB for the door locks and do a oil change and tire rotation. Thanks to this forum I took before pictures of the tires and sure enogh the tech moved back to front without switching (I don't have directional tires ). Pointed it out to service writer who apologized. Was busy and late for an appointment so took it back later and they promptlly fixed the issue. Servce writer stated that the service amanager was going to have a talk with all the techs to ensure they do the rotations properly.

Starts right up and no issues since it was repaired.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,842 Posts
Servce writer stated that the service amanager was going to have a talk with all the techs to ensure they do the rotations properly.
Since I am no longer doing my own tire rotations, I apply small adhesive dots labelled with the proper tire destination (LF/RF/LR/RR) to the wheels before I head for the tire shop. Of course, I check the tires and remove the labels before leaving the shop. I've never had anyone complain about my extra "help" getting it done the way I want.

·
Premium Member
"Jeannine", 2019 3.6R, retired: 2001 LLBean H6 3.0 creampuff 82.6k
46 Posts
Wish somebody would have mentioned that they have to take out the back seats to do this recall, I left all sorts of stuff in the back seat and trunk, jeeez o_O

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Wish somebody would have mentioned that they have to take out the back seats to do this recall, I left all sorts of stuff in the back seat and trunk, jeeez o_O
now THAT is a great observation! I even thought about this going in - made sure my stuff on the rear floorboards was removed from the car (stuff in the way back I left in there). I almost took out the bottom of the back seat and left it at home, but then figured they needed practice removing it.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight, "Wilderness Green Metallic"
584 Posts
I didn't think about it either, and when I took out the "dog tarp" from the back seat, it looked almost like chewed-up crackers under there. I was beyond embarrassed.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I didn't think about it either, and when I took out the "dog tarp" from the back seat, it looked almost like chewed-up crackers under there. I was beyond embarrassed.
I just updated the original post with some tips for people going in... I even added the seat cover thing before reading your post... haha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the repair done last week. Outback 3 6 had no symptoms. During first attempt, service writer asked if I would bring the car back when I had < 1/2 tank of gas. I agreed, brought the car back, repair was done. I noticed the engine cranked for several seconds before starting. Since then the car has twice gone through the start cycle twice without starting. I plan on calling the dealer to schedule another look.
I had my 2.5 done a couple of weeks ago and had the extra-long cranking. It has happened less and less over time and now not at all; I am assuming they introduced some air in the fuel line with the repair and it has worked its way out of the line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Showed up at 7:15, techs show up at 7:30, they were done by 8:20. I had them wash it so I didn't actually get out of there until a little after 8:30. I swear it runs smoother now - it used to have what felt like a rough idle and it doesn't today. I'll have to pay attention next time i start it...probably in September or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had mine done today. After the service, drove it to a gas station; filled up; gas gauge rose to 3/4 tank. Returned to dealer and explained the problem... it has been happening to a small percentage of vehicles. So, I now have an appointment to have it fixed in a week.

Looking at the PDF's listed earlier in this thread, it appears the fuel level sensor is close to the pump that was replaced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had the job done in mid June. My dealer was fully aware of recall, had parts, and it took about 3 hours between drop off and pick up. Only problem I had was in getting the dealer to provide lyft service for my round trip which they said they would do. Ride home was prompt. Return to dealer was like no body wanted to call lyft.

Car ran fine when I took it in, ran fine after impeller replacement. Only down side was a slight smell of gasoline in my garage the day after. It disappeared in a day. You may consider parking car outdoors for a day after the work is completed.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts