Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2019 OB”s radio just played out of right front speakers. Next day worked fine but I am concerned. Went to dealership and was told if it happens again to bring it in. They are aware of the problem. Less than 5000 miles on car.
Seems like Subaru can build a great car except for the electronics. Bought a 2019 Honda Accord touring with electronic problems also (ACC) unfixable so traded it off. Big loss but worth it to loose the aggravation of trying to deal with Honda. Subaru is like a breath of fresh air. Easiest company to deal with ever for me.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I was able to download the update Aug 2019 update (you are right it isn’t available OTA) and I have not needed to reboot since...
I've tried a couple of times and I get the error claiming my VIN is incorrect. Don't have NAV in this one, maybe that's the reason???

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I've tried a couple of times and I get the error claiming my VIN is incorrect. Don't have NAV in this one, maybe that's the reason???
Possibly. The instructions if the techs at a service department are doing it is to pick the correct image file for the USB flash drive.... for the 2019 there are 3 files for 4 variations of radio. This one is probably the one that works only with the units that have the NAV included.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up my 2019 Outback on Saturday, Sunday through Tuesday no buttons worked - touch radio button, nothing happens, push radio reostat, radio doesn't turn off, apps button, nothing happens, etc. etc. Dealer says they've never heard of this. Wednesday I got in the car and everything worked. Thursday (today) all the buttons are back to not working. Sure hope dealer can fix this!

·
Registered
9 Posts
See if they installed all the latest updates when they were prepping the car for you. The August star link update ironed out a lot of bugs for me.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Picked up my 2019 Outback on Saturday, Sunday through Tuesday no buttons worked - touch radio button, nothing happens, push radio reostat, radio doesn't turn off, apps button, nothing happens, etc. etc. Dealer says they've never heard of this. Wednesday I got in the car and everything worked. Thursday (today) all the buttons are back to not working. Sure hope dealer can fix this!
Go somewhere else RIGHT NOW. This is a common problem and if they've never heard of it then they're not on the ball.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Go somewhere else RIGHT NOW. This is a common problem and if they've never heard of it then they're not on the ball.
yep. @AnnSaber if that is a unit with navigation, the update #2 (which was the recalled one, and is not bundled in the latest firmware release) addressed just such a problem. It's even listed in the TSB. (see the link for details on things addressed for the fix)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, 2019. Yesterday while driving around town, we stopped at a drive-in for a burger. While there, the touch screen quit. Just quit. No buttons would work at all, the only thing that would work was the volume control, along with the on/off push, and the tuning knob. I couldn't get anything else to work.

We just picked the car up Friday -- six days ago. I kinda figured I would miss out on the radio problems since it's a 2019, but now I'm not so sure.
just bring it to the dealer its a big problem they replaced my radio on my 2019 outback

41 - 50 of 50 Posts