Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Wilderness Green 2.5 Touring
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, could find anything in the search specific to this model year but it appears my 2019 Touring has leather that is delaminating in the back seat. I’m not sure if that’s the right word but it’s the best I can use to explain it. It’s almost as if the leather is coming apart from the backing. This seat has had nothing spilled on it and is completely covered by a cover with a car seat on top of it. I don’t let my child have drinks in the car so I’m not sure what it could be. Thoughts?

·
Registered
05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
683 Posts
looks like your seats are pretty dirty. Use a mild cleaner and then a leather peotectant to see if that fixes it (can't really tell what you are talking about otherwise) and if not then talk to your dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Touring
338 Posts
Hey all, could find anything in the search specific to this model year but it appears my 2019 Touring has leather that is delaminating in the back seat. I’m not sure if that’s the right word but it’s the best I can use to explain it. It’s almost as if the leather is coming apart from the backing. This seat has had nothing spilled on it and is completely covered by a cover with a car seat on top of it. I don’t let my child have drinks in the car so I’m not sure what it could be. Thoughts? View attachment 484607
Is that a front seat? Driver or passenger? Or back seat? Take a picture that shows more of the seat as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like your seats are pretty dirty. Use a mild cleaner and then a leather peotectant to see if that fixes it (can't really tell what you are talking about otherwise) and if not then talk to your dealer.

The seats are brown...this is a back seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that a front seat? Driver or passenger? Or back seat? Take a picture that shows more of the seat as well.

this is the back drivers side passenger seat.

·
Registered
05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
683 Posts
The seats are brown...this is a back seat.
doesn't change my answer... Clean your seats properly and if that doesn't do anything talk to your dealer. The seats are covered under warranty.

·
Registered
338 Posts
View attachment 484618
I have the same year and model car, no issues like that. It is most likely from the car seat, even with seat covers can cause problems. Also the other thought I had, much less likely is that the seat cover trapped moisture under it and that is the resulting effect. But look where the car seat lines up, this should be a dead give away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got ya. It does line up with the child seat. I clean these regularly. I think the photo is just bad. These get vacuumed weekly and cleaned 2x mo. I’ll talk w the dealer. This thing has child seat hooks...it should be able to have a child seat on it for longer than a month without ruining them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Got ya. It does line up with the child seat. I clean these regularly. I think the photo is just bad. These get vacuumed weekly and cleaned 2x mo. I’ll talk w the dealer. This thing has child seat hooks...it should be able to have a child seat on it for longer than a month without ruining them.
Tend to agree, but will tell you after some amount of time it will.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,838 Posts
I can't imagine how anyone would look at these images and tell you to clean the seats. They look pristine (and any sort of specialty leather cleaner is totally wasted on this material). That damage should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I just figured they were doubling down...they are pristine. Thank you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I cant imagine what would have caused it. Something caused it, it did not just happen by itself. The wrinkled part also looks darker, can it by that something spilled or possible dome hair lotion from someone's head? I am just going on the assumption that something caused it and things dont 'just happen.'

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s just the picture. In reality you cannot see it only feel it without the flash from a light.

·
Registered
05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
683 Posts
I can't imagine how anyone would look at these images and tell you to clean the seats. They look pristine (and any sort of specialty leather cleaner is totally wasted on this material). That damage should be covered under warranty.
I said the seats need to be maintained which means cleaning with a mild cleaner and then using a conditioner/protectant. Areas that get rough use (of which child seats count) needs extra maintenance. The leather looks like it has been neglected.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
View attachment 484618
Looks more like wrinkles and not some delamination of a protective coated layer. Large flat areas of a hard baby seat pressing there could do that.

Could try boiling water and some towels... press the hot towels into the area until they cool and then wipe away any water... a steamer cleaner works too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A warm wet rag. Dried off, then chemical guys leather protector. The defect is only on one side and nowhere else in the vehicle where the process was repeated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts