Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Outback Limited / 2020 Outback Limited
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the attached picture it shows the Outback with an aluminum pedal set.

Haven’t been able to locate this via numerous searches.

Anybody have any info on this?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
probably haven't released it yet... that's the "STI Brand" set of accessories on the subaru page... the ones listed currently fit the 2010-2019.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I’ve got the STI set on my 2019. The 2020 gas pedal has changed so that won’t work.
figured there was a difference. The ones in the picture look a little different than the current ones available.... so either something not released, or possibly a photoshop for the image advertising.

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Touring XT
46 Posts
Those are from the Legacy Sport. Notice red stitching on steering wheel and SI drive buttons. The brochure lists as "Aluminum-alloy pedal covers"

Pedal assembly-accelerator - 36010AN03A (not a cover, have to replace all)
Pad-brake pedal, AT - 36023KE000

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same pedal assembly will fit the 2020 Outback. Might go by the dealer and see if they have the part in stock to see how it is put together.

Thanks for your research.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went by the dealer and ordered these two parts. They are sure, after extensively checking part numbers, that I’ll get the parts pictured on the Subaru website.

Will know in about a week when the parts come in.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Edition XT Autumn Green Metallic
125 Posts
Ah, found them on the Subaru.com site - they are shown in the footwell illumination kit accessories tab.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But the pic used is not an Outback.

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Touring XT
46 Posts
Went by the dealer and ordered these two parts. They are sure, after extensively checking part numbers, that I’ll get the parts pictured on the Subaru website.

Will know in about a week when the parts come in.
That first part number ordered (36010AN02A) is what is listed on the parts site as the standard accelerator pedal for all 2020 Outbacks and Legacys. The 03A variant appeared to be the aluminum pedal.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Time will tell as to what I’ll actually receive. Much confusion on part numbers.

They assured me I will get the aluminum set.:eek:

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Touring XT
46 Posts
Parts sites are confusing to begin with. Then add the fact that the Legacy Sport isn't listed as a trim option makes it worse.

Also I saw a note on adding a throttle response tuner that seems applicable. Before disconnecting the accelerator pedal you should first let the car sit for 10 minutes. At the same time keep the fob away as not to trigger the engine computer. Otherwise it will sense the change and needs to re-learn the position sensor. Thinking more maybe you do want it to re-learn since it is being replaced. Either way be aware you might see some changes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm curious to see how these turn out, it was the single mod (STI pedal-set) that I made to my 2013 (excluding stuff like my Yakima landing-pads/bars, not sure if that really qualifies), I still think these look really sharp, for the 2020. I think my mods are somewhat inverse to my age ;-]
I don't think your position-sensor should need much calibration, or at least they wouldn't the way the 2013's installed, they basically just replaced the surface of the pedal, so the actual pedal travel wasn't really changed (except that maybe your foot touched it slightly sooner/later).

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stuff,

Where did you see this note you reference?

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Touring
6 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread. I took a leap of faith and just ordered these parts myself. Fingers crossed on fitment...

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Received my parts and will do the install this weekend. Supposed to be warmer here in Dallas.

What’s odd is the part number received for the gas pedal assembly is different than what the dealer ordered. See my invoice above vs the label on the part’s box.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also ordered a footr pad off of eBay for $7.99. Matches the Subaru parts perfectly. Have the same one on my 2019.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, Cinnamon Brown Pearl
256 Posts
Perhaps the changed digit is the revision level and the part was updated.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who knows. Got what I wanted anyway..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts