Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took a look at the new Hyundai Palisade Limited. I know a bigger car than the Outback. It has every feature of the Outback or Ascent Touring and a bit more. The interior is outstanding. One of the things I like is the console storage space. So much better than the 2020 Outback. Dash also has real buttons for basic functions. Needless to say, I am considering getting a 2020 or 2021 Palisade limited to replace my 2017 Outback. However, I question Hyundai resale values especially on a new model like the Palisade. Any opinions on the vehicle or resale value? Thanks

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
10,506 Posts
If resale is your thing check out the Kia Telluride.

It's supposed to be a winner in its category.

Cousin of the Palisade.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I personally wouldn't be concerned with the resale value. They are pretty much one of the best values in the market place with their 5 year/60k mile B2B warranty.

·
Registered
2019 Outback premium. Tungsten metallic.
314 Posts
Seems a bit of a apples/oranges comparison to me. The Palisade is a 3-row SUV, while the Outback is a 2-row wagon. It also starts $5,000. higher than the Outback. My brother-in-law swears by Hyundai, but I personally hate the huge front grill.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems a bit of a apples/oranges comparison to me. The Palisade is a 3-row SUV, while the Outback is a 2-row wagon. It also starts $5,000. higher than the Outback. My brother-in-law swears by Hyundai, but I personally hate the huge front grill.
Our grandchildren are getting too big for the Outback is the primary reason. also, my wife wants a plusher interior and better seats. Yep, the Palisade front end is a bit much. :)

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
4,652 Posts
Here is something I recently conversed about with an insurance adjuster. I came to find out that it takes 70% of the value of an Outback in damage to total one out. That is incredibly high and it is a good measure of how well the vehicle holds its value. I want to start using that as a rule of thumb in the future and need to find someone who is in the know so I can pass judgement on more vehicles.

·
Registered
2019 Outback premium. Tungsten metallic.
314 Posts
Here is something I recently conversed about with an insurance adjuster. I came to find out that it takes 70% of the value of an Outback in damage to total one out. That is incredibly high and it is a good measure of how well the vehicle holds its value. I want to start using that as a rule of thumb in the future and need to find someone who is in the know so I can pass judgement on more vehicles.
The driver's side of my '19 Outback was wiped-out when it was 13 months old. The insurance company paid over $17,000. to have it fixed. They did say that if any airbags had been deployed, they would have "totaled" it.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
706 Posts
Hyundai are good if you only plan of keeping it about 100K or so, after that they tend to start requiring some serious work. I like them because they are cheap to buy used

1 - 8 of 8 Posts