·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,716 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Direct link to the post for posterity:

I still can't see it because I'm not a member of the private group. Can you paste the text?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your 2013? this is GEN 6 AREA, beat it.

as said - that is NOT a good example of the screen glaring - as the protective plastic is still on it - I can see the bubbles!

My 2013 Limited has a screen - and its hard to see in the right (wrong) sun angle too - I live in LA - where its full sun like 75% of the year. My cell phone does the same thing - as does the silver trim around my screen in the car. This car is no different to me than the 2013 - just more surface area on the screen. Pictures of brightness and glare from a cell phone are also NOT representative of real life as the phone camera doesnt handle contrast as well as our eyes do - so it tends to blow out bright things or dim them, depending on the brightness in the whole shot. So I wouldn't trust any camera photo/video to be representative anyway.
This is a non issue as far as I'm concerned. Everyone is entitled to their opinion - but I dont see anything different than what my 2013 does in the sun.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,716 Posts
I still can't see it because I'm not a member of the private group. Can you paste the text?
Here it is:

Update on the infotainment update: It will be released in May. It’s going to be a BIG UPDATE and will include the following:
1. Full screen Apple Car Play and Android Auto
2. Back up camera resolution adjustment
3. Album artwork to be shown while car is in motion
There will be more in the update as it gets closer to May.
If true, that is a pretty big set of fixes and would solve about 87% of my complaints with the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Turn on tethering on your phone, connect your car to it and check for a software update, please report back your version

You should schedule an appointment with your dealership ASAP. While you're there, hey them to address that open recall that just came out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this the thread for me to share what happened yesterday when my screen would NEVER load? as you can see I am driving down the street , NO screen loaded. This was a custom order only just delivered to dealer 1/31. I have the Rockford upgrade. I took multiple pictures, the music from Sirius was still playing but I touched and could not get anything to change. Can wait for that May update. Hopefully it wont happen to much more but there is a lag I can tell between changing to shut off auto stop/start all the time. Luckily it was a 4 min drive. Once I stopped shut off car and started it reappeared. I forgot to go into dealermode and check for anything odd.

Here it is:

If true, that is a pretty big set of fixes and would solve about 87% of my complaints with the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,716 Posts
Is this the thread for me to share what happened yesterday when my screen would NEVER load? as you can see I am driving down the street , NO screen loaded. This was a custom order only just delivered to dealer 1/31. I have the Rockford upgrade. I took multiple pictures, the music from Sirius was still playing but I touched and could not get anything to change. Can wait for that May update. Hopefully it wont happen to much more but there is a lag I can tell between changing to shut off auto stop/start all the time. Luckily it was a 4 min drive. Once I stopped shut off car and started it reappeared. I forgot to go into dealermode and check for anything odd.
Are you sure you did not scroll to a blank screen? Since the wallpaper is still showing up, it leads me to believe if you scrolled to the side, your home screen would showed up.

Regardless, if it happens next time, hold down the volume knob for 10 seconds (ignore the power off pop-up while doing so) and that should reboot the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
1,864 Posts
Your 2013? this is GEN 6 AREA, beat it.
I'm assuming you are joking, but if you are not, the point was there is nothing new about potential glare on a screen in an outback. It was being presented like this new big problem in the 2020. My point was its no different then even a much older outback (2 gens back).
Anyway, I literally factory ordered my 2020 Sept 21st, the day I posted that comment.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
1,864 Posts
Are we all going to ignore the fact that you are going down an undivided road (opposite traffic currently present) at 50mph and you are taking cell phone pics of your cars infotainment screen?
:LOL::ROFLMAO:
people here for months have been so worried about the 2020 outback screen inherently being too much distraction for driving safely. I always scoffed. But you just proved them right. Well done! 👏

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
393 Posts
I've been waiting in limbo to be approved as a member of that facebook group for a month now.

·
Registered
White 2020 Touring XT
545 Posts
Here it is:

Interesting. Who is claiming this? I have to say, I’m skeptical after hearing from multiple people who seemed to be “in the know” about the December, then, January update. Is this one more trustworthy or just more wishful thinking?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
720 Posts
Interesting. Who is claiming this? I have to say, I’m skeptical after hearing from multiple people who seemed to be “in the know” about the December, then, January update. Is this one more trustworthy or just more wishful thinking?
Lets face it. Regardless of the credibility of any source, it's all just wishful thinking until it actually drops. My bet is that there was some credibility to all these dates at some point. Given the #1 rule in software is that it's always behind schedule, I have no faith in any delivery date unless I see it in writing from SOA. Meanwhile, we live with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had my HU glitch on me during my 45 minute twelve mile commute home. I started the car and waited the usual 30-45 secs for it to boot and none of the buttons related to audio would work. I have shortcuts for USB, SiriusXM, Radio, Media and none of them would do anything. I'd press the button and it lit up but would go to the appropriate page. I didn't have any sound or display either like it was stuck on the current selection.

I could still go to Nav or any other apps/pages fine. I tried rebooting two separate times but no go. Even tried turning off the car at a long stop light. It wasn't until I got home, moved the garbage cans and restarted the car did it fix itself.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts