Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This a Legacy concept that I believe to be close to 2020 Legacy. Compare the side sculpting to other images of the 2020 Legacy we have seen. This means, IMO, that the 2020 Outback will look very simar to the new Legacy, which in turn will not look a lot different than the 2019 version. However, it will have a new platform and other improvement and perhaps goodies from the Ascent.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,046 Posts
This looks about right......remove some of the show car concept details like the larger wheels and you're almost surely looking at the 2020 Legacy/Outback.........and very much in keeping with the evolutionary updated Impreza/Crosstrek/Forester move to the Global Platform foundation.......

Not bad, not bad, doesn't obsolete the Gen 5 cars BUT still definitely sharper.......

Thanks for posting!

Steve

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,491 Posts
when I search on tineye for that image I see it is as old as 2014. ...although labeled lots of things by year.

here is a article from 2013 that motortrend stuck it in later about the 2015 LA autoshow.
(maybe a hodgepodge of a page after all these years, with pics of the concept car they were trucking around at the time).

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-subaru-legacy-concept-revealed-before-los-angeles-debut/

edit: and they typically label it a Legacy GT concept. (yapping up various turbo engines they had in development)

Reactions: russellpat

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,046 Posts
Not bad at all considering how "evolutionary" SOA tends to be anyway. They only cut loose on the WRX/STI level street racers........and even then, the production cars are far more restrained than the prototypes.

Like to see more, of course, specifically of the Outback version BUT, so far, it's good..........I will, of course, add my own HU shroud to black out the reflections on the screen.......as long as they add the forward shrouded info screen where time and temp readouts reside, like the Ascent and Crosstrek/Impreza has, I'm very much looking forward to the Gen 6 cars...

After 3 years with our 2015 OB Ltd, I'm overall happy BUT the time/temp. HVAC panel is a complete mess.........useless unless you like to divert your concentration from the road and just love buttons to control what should be rotary knobs....

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts