Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I paid extra for the extended warranty which includes door dings and stuff as mentioned above. I don’t have all the details since I’m at work.

I usually get my tires at discount tire and get the replacement warranty as well.
I know you are very sharp and make good choices...anxious to know pricing. On the very first day I got my Legacy, I parked a good distance out in a parking lot. When I came out after dark, another nice car was next to me. Next morning I noticed a door ding...really hacked me off!

·
Registered
White 2020 Touring XT
586 Posts
I know you are very sharp and make good choices...anxious to know pricing. On the very first day I got my Legacy, I parked a good distance out in a parking lot. When I came out after dark, another nice car was next to me. Next morning I noticed a door ding...really hacked me off!
At the dealership I purchased from it was I think $1250. But I'm going by memory. I also bought it since I live and park in Manhattan and am certain it's going to get dinged up. So far so go though :)

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium / 2021 Rav4 Prime / 2012 F150 ecoboost
2,679 Posts
The tire warranties are prorated, and will only cover the affected tire, correct?
In other words: if half of the tread is gone from the damaged tire, they will pay half of the cost of (one) replacement tire, and you get stuck with the other half. Additional problem is that "the other half" is usually based on suggested retail, it can at times be cheaper to buy a new tire outright with discounts, especially if more than half of the rubber has been used up.
Is that how it works? I think it does, a friend of mine was really ticked off at one point in time, I remember. I wouldn't know ALL the details, as I don't buy extended warranties.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
887 Posts
Does anyone know what type/brand of speakers are in this edition? They sound pretty good. I'm hoping that they're hiding Harmon Kardons under it.
Whatever standard off-brand is, Rockford Fosgate if upgraded.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cantu- have you messed with the driver profiles at all? I know the Onxy doesn’t have the facial recognition option nor the bump in the dash for it, but I was half-expecting the different driver profiles to change the seat memory when you did it by hand. Just want to make sure I’m not missing a step.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Cantu- have you messed with the driver profiles at all? I know the Onxy doesn’t have the facial recognition option nor the bump in the dash for it, but I was half-expecting the different driver profiles to change the seat memory when you did it by hand. Just want to make sure I’m not missing a step.
Doesn't do much in ours without the driver recognition system either. I was surprised too that it didn't adjust driver's seat position. That's a fairly standard thing even with relatively limited systems that just recognize different fobs. Unless I'm just missing something too.

From the Quick Start Guide:
WHY YOU SHOULD CREATE A PROFILE

Creating a Driver Profile provides many benefits beyond just “Pairing” a phone. The profile records and remembers station presets, sound preferences, phone favorites, screen icons and placement.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
It doesn’t set seat settings - I found out after my wife took my car to work yesterday ?

me:

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Does anyone know what type/brand of speakers are in this edition? They sound pretty good. I'm hoping that they're hiding Harmon Kardons under it.
the speakers are OK compared to the HK system in my 2018 Crosstrek Limited. Kinda disappointed...I’m looking into a sound system upgrade.

·
Registered
603 Posts
the speakers are OK compared to the HK system in my 2018 Crosstrek Limited. Kinda disappointed...I’m looking into a sound system upgrade.
Curious - would you suggest the Rockford Fosgate factory upgrade?
Would love to see a 2K review from you!
Have tremendous respect for you.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Curious - would you suggest the Rockford Fosgate factory upgrade?
Would love to see a 2K review from you!
Have tremendous respect for you.
I wanted that option but it wasn’t available at the dealer - I believe you have to factory order it.
I’m posting an update sometime this weekend as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cantu, I may have missed it but do you have any pictures of the interior? Specifically I'd like to see how the seats with the green stitching look with the blue exterior.

141 - 160 of 188 Posts