Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2020 OB Onyx XT. Want to tow a pop-up with gross weight of 3,000. Tow cap. on this model OB is 3,500. Dealership does not offer an electric trailer brake and will not install after market unit. Any suggestions? (y)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Have you seen this? Easiest Way To Use A Brake Controller On 2020 Subaru Outback Wagon | etrailer.com

Also you could look at this thread for other ideas:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2020 OB Onyx XT. Want to tow a pop-up with gross weight of 3,000. Tow cap. on this model OB is 3,500. Dealership does not offer an electric trailer brake and will not install after market unit. Any suggestions? (y)
I bought my 2020 OB Onyx XT because of the 3500 tow cap. Subaru states if you tow any more than 1000# you need to have electric brakes on the OB. I got my dealer in Janesville Wi. to add the brake unit. Did a crappy job of it, but they did install it. I will fix it and make it right. I have a UTV on an aluminum trailer that's about 2000#'s. I wanted to be safe when towing. If you have an RV place in the area, they will install a brake unit for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am wanting to tow an R Pod with my 2020 oynx. The dry weight of the r pod is 2900. Is this going to work?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am wanting to tow an R Pod with my 2020 oynx. The dry weight of the r pod is 2900. Is this going to work?
Hey, have you had any luck getting answers on this question? I’m looking at the R-Pod 171. I think it’s about 2500lbs. Lots of conflicting info out there about how good an outback tows. I have a 2020 XT. Don’t want to pull the trigger on a trailer until I hear more definitive answered from people who toe with a 2020.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts