Subaru Outback Forums banner

381 - 400 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT Crystal White
32 Posts
At least the sparco terra is slightly lighter than the stock wheels so if you're going for aesthetics it's a beautiful wheel and strong and everything.

Is there a reason you didn't include the Method 503 in gold? Ultra light and strong.
I like the look of the Sparco Terra, but the weight - I agree OUCH. I did include the Method 503. Second to last on #376. I had it mislabeled as a 505
I'm not doubting the quality of the Method wheels; I know they are strong, but I believe they are cast. The majority of the wheels I'm looking at are flow formed which should be stronger. Im working on a few other options right now. I'll add the Method 502.

Note on the 502's here is both the wife and I think this wheel looks great on a car with ATs but not so much on one with street tires. She is staying with the street tires so it is an unlikely choice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmm. Black/white car with copper coloured wheels? Not for me. Graphite or gun metal, OK.
But if we all liked the same things, how boring would this life be.
The wife thought me crazy too. Then as she looked at it it is becoming her preference. I have always liked the combo. That said I like the gold. It's a Subaru gold wheels just work. :)

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Those enkei copper wheels are an unusual color - it's not classic gold or bronze.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those enkei copper wheels are an unusual color - it's not classic gold or bronze.
I agree. It got started when I saw a Raijin in copper. I have only seen pics but they looked like metallic chocolate. It also reminded me of the Napa Brown in the interior. Neither the wife or I are convinced we like it. I think I like it more than her, but I also think I'd rather 3 or 4 other wheels on the list so far.

Special note on the Raijin - it is only available in copper for a 18x8.5 5x100. I even contacted Enkei to verify.

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Gold and white is a classic almost nautical combination that says luxury, gives good contrast with the tires, but it's not a particularly 'modern' look. I can see the appeal. In normal daily non-performance driving I don't think the extra 4 pounds per wheel compared to the lighter options will be a big difference. For me looks are secondary so lightness is a priority and my target is 20 pounds per wheel and I try not to look at other options.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A few more white and Bronze / Gold
The dekagram looks off because I couldn't find a straight on shot. and the Ampliform had a light of lighting so it didn't scale well.
That said look and weight - Freeform - 18.4 lbs and Dekagram 19.4 lbs
Konig Freeform - Bronze

___
Konig Dekagram - Bronze

____
Konig Ampliform - Bronze

___
Motegi MR148 CS13 - Bronze

·
Registered
32 Posts
All of those bronzes look like different colors - are they different?
Hard to say. When I'm looking for a pic of the wheel straight on I see a lot of variation even in the same wheel. I think there are 2 factors. Some are tinted more gold than brown and some the inverse. Also the metallic reflects differently in different light depending on the finish (gloss, matte, etc)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premier 2.5i
513 Posts
I guess I'm somewhat of a minimalist; i.e. sometimes less is more. The chrome trims is almost an non-starter for me, so with all that black plastic and white paint, this is what I think works. Mine with gun metal grey rims. Admittedly they are winter rims and tires, but you should be able to get my drift (not that anyone has to agree):

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like the look of the Sparco Terra, but the weight - I agree OUCH. I did include the Method 503. Second to last on #376. I had it mislabeled as a 505
I'm not doubting the quality of the Method wheels; I know they are strong, but I believe they are cast. The majority of the wheels I'm looking at are flow formed which should be stronger. Im working on a few other options right now. I'll add the Method 502.

Note on the 502's here is both the wife and I think this wheel looks great on a car with ATs but not so much on one with street tires. She is staying with the street tires so it is an unlikely choice.
I'm not sure if this was already clarified, but the Method Racing 503s are in fact flow formed; that contributes to the lower weight ( and higher cost ) vs the 501 and 502 which are great wheels but, as you mentioned, cast.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd vote for the Terras. I've run them on 2 different cars and have been happy

All the bronzes differ slightly from company. Below are the Sparcos in some different light conditions and also dirt levels.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'd vote for the Terras. I've run them on 2 different cars and have been happy

All the bronzes differ slightly from company. Below are the Sparcos in some different light conditions and also dirt levels.
As everybody knows by now I love my Method 501/ 225 Wildpeak combo. But truth be told, I have a real affection also for the Sparco Terra- especially the "Special Edition" black version- light, strong and beautiful!

381 - 400 of 452 Posts