Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The under performing audio systems in the 2020 Outbacks have been frequently criticized here in the forum. As too has the unavailability of the Harmon Kardon (HK) audio upgrade in the popular Onyx trim line. Let us also not forget the apparently forgettable Rockford Fosgate (RF) upgrade that is available for the Onyx.

What I wanted to do was start a discussion specific to this topic and see what options, if any, people are finding to overcome the limitations of the factory system(s). Keeping in mind and realizing that with a vehicle this new, many people will not do anything while the car is under the factory warranty. That said, I know some folks are making changes.

What Outback do you have?
What changes did you make?
If you did speaker swaps:
  1. What speaker options did you choose for each location?
  2. Are they a direct fit or was modification required?
Did you get a signal processor, amp, or both?
Are there pre-made wire harnesses to connect the factory units or is/was splicing factory wiring required?

If we have audiophiles lurking here, what’s your suggested minimum (equipment wise, not price) to improve the sound? Speakers enough or do we really need that signal processor?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah...thank you. Apparently I wasn't using the right search terms. Admins feel free to delete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts