Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2020 Outback with homelink that I got less than a month ago. After having the dealer replace a tire yesterday, I was driving back home and the radio turned off by itself. Actually, the entire head unit went dark, but it came back on when I pushed the power button. At the time, I thought I must have accidentally push something, but thinking about it, I don't think the whole unit would go dark. When I got home, I used the Homelink to open the garage door like normal. Because Homelink doesn't work after the car is turned off, I used the wall control to close the door. Later that evening, my wife yelled at me for not closing the garage door and closed it. Again, I thought maybe I forgot to close it. Then, this morning, I heard the door opening, I thought my wife was going out. But about twenty minutes later, I heard the garage door close again, at which point, my wife started yelling at me the the garage door just closed by itself and told me she didn't open it. I did make an appointment with service (a week from now) to check this out.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? Or know what could cause it?

·
Registered
2013 OBL 2.5
26 Posts
I recently researched the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) - which is another whole issue. I read that they were using radio frequencies 433 and 315 MHz for the system to communicate with the ECU. The article said that these FCC allocated frequencies were also used by garage door companies for their door remotes. I don't know if your infotainment system uses them too, but it is possible that the TPMS may be operating as you approach your house - in which case the garage door may be reacting to the signal. You may want to contact the folks who do garage doors in your location and inform them of the problem and see what they recommend. Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts