Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. First-time Subaru owner. I purchased a 2020 Outback Limited 2.5 on 10/4/19. I have the Harmon/Kardon system. Since purchasing, my equalizer has been losing its settings about half of the time that I exit and re-enter the car. I set the equalizer to +5 bass, -2 mid, +9 treble. Then I exit the car, get in some time later, and the equalizer is reset to flat. Only one day has this not happened, and it usually happens multiple times per day. I have tried the software update and it is up to date. Has anyone else experienced this problem with a 2020 Outback? Any suggestions? Are the settings tied to the driver like the side mirrors and seats?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,690 Posts
Please look through here:

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
141 Posts
Same problem here. I think there is something I might be doing that is causing the reset. Like turning the ACC on without starting the engine, or adjusting a setting from an initial factory default. It is starting to happen less frequently. When I first got the car it was doing it often, and seemed to happen daily. If modifying certain settings from default is causing it to reset, then that might be why I'm seeing it happen less often. As I adjust the car to my personal tastes, I'm changing settings less frequently.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I must be doing something right.....I get no EQ reset on my 2020 Touring; all stays the same as I originally set it. In fact I have gone back and readjusted twice to my liking...and it stays put. I wish I knew what I did other than following the manual instructions, to help you folks.

·
Registered
White 2020 Touring XT
545 Posts
I must be doing something right.....I get no EQ reset on my 2020 Touring; all stays the same as I originally set it. In fact I have gone back and readjusted twice to my liking...and it stays put. I wish I knew what I did other than following the manual instructions, to help you folks.
Is the EQ part of the driver settings? I wonder if you need to save the settings to the recognized driver so that they aren't reset when you come back?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
152 Posts
I have a 2020 Touring XT, no issue with the EQ settings, they stay where I leave them so far. Only had it for 4 days now. I couldn't get my phone to pair with the car this morning though on the way to work, will try again after work and see if I have better luck...

·
Registered
White 2020 Touring XT
545 Posts
I have a 2020 Touring XT, no issue with the EQ settings, they stay where I leave them so far. Only had it for 4 days now. I couldn't get my phone to pair with the car this morning though on the way to work, will try again after work and see if I have better luck...
I also noticed that when I have the phone plugged in and am using Android Auto, it disables the same phone's Bluetooth connection and funnels everything through the Android Auto connection. Sometimes when I unplug during the same ride it won't reconnect the Bluetooth connection.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
152 Posts
I also noticed that when I have the phone plugged in and am using Android Auto, it disables the same phone's Bluetooth connection and funnels everything through the Android Auto connection. Sometimes when I unplug during the same ride it won't reconnect the Bluetooth connection.
I haven't even tried android auto yet. On my list of things to do though! Phone paired up on the way home no problem. Don't know if it was a phone thing or a HU thing. I won't worry too much about it, as long as it doesn't become a recurring thing. I've had it happen in my Ram as well, so isn't unique.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the EQ part of the driver settings? I wonder if you need to save the settings to the recognized driver so that they aren't reset when you come back?
I am the only one who drives my car and the EQ gets reset 2/3 of the time. It usually recognizes me unless I am wearing a cap. However, I can't find a way to delete my driver profile. I was going to try going without any driver profiles stored in the system. I did it once, but can't find it the second time.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am the only one who drives my car and the EQ gets reset 2/3 of the time. It usually recognizes me unless I am wearing a cap. However, I can't find a way to delete my driver profile. I was going to try going without any driver profiles stored in the system. I did it once, but can't find it the second time.
Read your manual on how to delete a driver profile. It's easy.

·
Registered
2020 OB 2.4 XT Limited | 2017 OB 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
43 Posts
No, I get that too.

But I will try to set EQ settings THEN save my Driver profile settings and see if this works...

To delete your driver profile you go to Settings [app]>Car [tab]>Driver Monitoring [menu item]

ETA: Yeah there are two driver profiles... grrr... one from Driver Monitoring and one for the infotainment system. The second one is accessed/deleted directly through the "human silhouette" button at the bottom right of the screen. It seems to only save language and name based on which phone is connected via Bluetooth though. The Driver Monitoring profile says it only saves seat and mirror position. SO I don't know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ETA: Yeah there are two driver profiles... grrr... one from Driver Monitoring and one for the infotainment system. The second one is accessed/deleted directly through the "human silhouette" button at the bottom right of the screen. It seems to only save language and name based on which phone is connected via Bluetooth though. The Driver Monitoring profile says it only saves seat and mirror position. SO I don't know.
This is so idiotic and inexcusable. It is like a lesson in how NOT to do things.

Imagine that your phone would log you in with a user account if you used PIN and saved, say, your app icons under that profile, but if you used your fingerprint scanner, it would log in a different user account that only stored your contacts. You had to juggle these two and if the fingerprint scanner didn't work you couldn't access your contacts anymore. Effing heck.

The normal thing would be to have ONE driver profile saving all the possible settings (maybe including AVH and Auto Start/Stop). You could "log in" to that EITHER by facial scan (if it worked) or manually via the little man button at the bottom. WTF?!! I didn't even expect the two were different, I never bothered to check. Worthless. Unbelievable. Wow.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,690 Posts
This is so idiotic and inexcusable. It is like a lesson in how NOT to do things.

Imagine that your phone would log you in with a user account if you used PIN and saved, say, your app icons under that profile, but if you used your fingerprint scanner, it would log in a different user account that only stored your contacts. You had to juggle these two and if the fingerprint scanner didn't work you couldn't access your contacts anymore. Effing heck.

The normal thing would be to have ONE driver profile saving all the possible settings (maybe including AVH and Auto Start/Stop). You could "log in" to that EITHER by facial scan (if it worked) or manually via the little man button at the bottom. WTF?!! I didn't even expect the two were different, I never bothered to check. Worthless. Unbelievable. Wow.
I imagine it's because not all trims have driver profiles for seat positions. My Onyx does not have it. This way they can split the functionality between two systems while retaining the feature across the trim levels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I imagine it's because not all trims have driver profiles for seat positions. My Onyx does not have it. This way they can split the functionality between two systems while retaining the feature across the trim levels.
Maybe. Still doesn't make sense though - there should be one driver profile that saves all the possible settings for the trim.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
465 Posts
I'm now experiencing the EQ settings not saving as well.
Has anyone gotten anywhere with this issue? Is it a glitch, do we have to save a driver profile, etc??
I note this seems to be a problem with the previous gens as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes. It just started saving. I have no clue what (if anything) I did. I mean I did create a driver profile (the little human shape at the bottom right) and I re-saved my Driver Monitoring profile a couple of times after I set the EQ, but I am in no way sure which if either is what did it.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts