Subaru Outback Forums banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yep, @782OB278 , that's a great pic.
I will admit though, that Subaru hasn't exactly done a great job with the UI here (again, sigh...), the range-indicator could easily be misconstrued to be a side-indicator, which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,716 Posts
Yep, @782OB278 , that's a great pic.
I will admit though, that Subaru hasn't exactly done a great job with the UI here (again, sigh...), the range-indicator could easily be misconstrued to be a side-indicator, which is unfortunate.
Could have been better but all cars have that indicator next to the gas pump symbol as a standard. So that's the source of truth, so to speak.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5 Hi-Yo, Ice Silver! Away!
190 Posts
While that may be true, if you look at the 2019 and I suspect older models, the arrow on the range indicator also pointed to the right (correct) side, not the left side.
You are right about the range.

So the take home message is always look at the gas pump icon on / by the fuel gauge on any car. Since that icon should be to the industry standard of where the gas cap is (at least on modern cars).

Also the range isn't always something displayed depending on what setting you have on the multi display.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am just over a week in to my 2020 Limited and I too have been frustrated with the noted issue of the EQ settings being lost randomly. I have tried all the scenarios I have seen mentioned and today I had it happen, and had some time so went to the local dealer. They were baffled as well. Later I was home and had some time while I was online and placed a call to SOA. They put me on hold and came back and the person said she "gathered" from hearing some of her peers discussing that a fix was in the works, but she had no detail. Suggested as others have said to take it in to the dealer and have them troubleshoot and write up an incident to escalate to SOA to help ensure they are aware and can work on a fix. She then closed by saying someone would call me back by end of day. I assumed to tell me the same thing, and didn't expect to get a call. Well that call just came in and they guy told me that they are aware and a fix will be out in March for that. He said he wasn't 100% positive but felt it was not going to be an over the air update, but one a dealer must perform. Not ideal, but at least they have something in the works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Someone upthread mentioned letting your phone connect to Bluetooth before connecting it to CarPlay and the EQ Settings will show up. This seems to be working for me so far. Has this worked for others?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally solved the issue, at least until the software update fixes it permanently (we hope). After weeks of the equalizer settings disappearing, sometimes reappearing, etc., tonight I discovered that if the settings are not there all you have to do is change which driver profile is active. Even if you change the profile from driver A to driver B or default or whatever, and then back to the profile you really want, the system will load whatever equalizer settings are associated with that profile. Apparently there is a software error in loading the driver profile. If the profile loads too early, then when the radio initializes it doesn't know what settings to use so it just goes to all zeroes. On the other hand, if the radio initializes first and then the driver profile, it loads the radio settings associated with that profile. We have no control over the boot sequence, which is why it's hit and miss as to whether the settings will be there or not.

So if you notice your equalizer settings have dumped, just change the driver profile, then change it back if you want to. Either way, if you manually select a driver profile, the equalizer settings that associate with that profile are loaded. This is a lot faster than manually reentering the equalizer settings everyday which is what I had been doing. Now if the software update ensures the profile is loaded after the radio initializes, then the problem will truly be solved.

Note: I tried just checking the profile page and not making any changes, and that did not restore the equalizer settings. I had to actually select a different profile and select yes on the pop-up screen that asks if you really want to change profiles. When I did this, I had 100% success on the radio equalizer settings associated with that profile being restored. This also means if you have no profiles other than default, then you have no way of changing profiles, which means you have no way of restoring the saved equalizer settings.
THANK YOU! I've printed this out to take to the dealer, so they can read it and make the profile adjustments. And THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
720 Posts
That was agood find but to be honest, I've given up and will just wait for the update. To me, It takes just about the same effort to change the drivers profile around as to reset the Audio settings.

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
258 Posts
That was agood find but to be honest, I've given up and will just wait for the update. To me, It takes just about the same effort to change the drivers profile around as to reset the Audio settings.
For me it's a lot quicker to do the profile cuz it's two quick taps. To change all the radio settings is sliding dials, etc., on about six different screens, much more heads down time.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT Autumn Green
257 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's a "less-than-or-equal sign '<='", on the range indicator, NOT a fuel-door indicator, but I could see where the confusion could arise.
The actual fuel-gauge-icon thing is VERY standard, I bet it's some sort of international standard, or similar. This has been the case since at least the early 90's, IME.
Edit: This is an interesting factoid, about how it came-to-be: The Inventor of the Little Arrow that Tells You What Side the Fuel Filler Is On Has Finally Been Found
Yes, this is a standard. I frequently rent cars outside the US and use the fuel icon each and every rental to figure out which side I need to pull up on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2020 Outback and it keeps dropping bluetooth after running Andriod play and driving for about 2 hours. Then it will not reconnect till the next day. The dealer has already replaced the computer for the radio system. Now it just started doing it again. All my other settings are still saved.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have the 2020 Outback and it keeps dropping bluetooth after running Andriod play and driving for about 2 hours. Then it will not reconnect till the next day. The dealer has already replaced the computer for the radio system. Now it just started doing it again. All my other settings are still saved.
I think I know why it's happening. If you check your car's bluetooth, it will show your phone listed multiple times instead of just once, confusing the system. If I'm right about that, then I'll write-up how to fix it. If your phone is only listed once, then it's a mystery to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We took Daniel Acosta's info to the dealer and they set up my wife's profile, but not mine. The next morning the settings went back to the default settings.
From what I understand that you've advised above, we need to set up a new profile for me with the "default" being my profile settings?
Subaru Corporate contacted our dealer and asked them to have us make an appointment to bring the OB in on Feb. 11, 2020. When we do we'll take this new advice for a revised default/profile and see what they think. Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx Edition, Storm Trooper white
157 Posts
In some ways, I miss my ole days with those bands of equalizer sliders. remember those?

In this case, this is electronics overkill that does not work. Subby needs to fix this...

121 - 140 of 167 Posts