Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm new in the forum, so thanks for reading me. My name is Angel, from Spain and I'm looking forward the 2020 Outback coming to my country. But, nobody here, nor dealers know when it will arrive and which models.

Does anybody knows something about the 2020 in Europe? When? Wich models, motors, etc.?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.

Best.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,078 Posts
Welcome. I can't help with an information on the European offerings.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT Abyss Blue Pearl, Gray Leather Interior
56 Posts
Is there a way to ask Subaru's marketing division via email? I would think they'd be happy to tell you, if there is a set date. Your English is very good, by the way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, kyodan75.

I've tried it, but I haven't been able to find this mail. The only that I have got is to contact with Subaru España by Facebook and they just answered to me: "Stay tuned". LOL

Best.

·
Registered
(Australian spec) 2019 MY19 Outback 3.6R CVT.
467 Posts
Does anybody knows something about the 2020 in Europe? When? Wich models, motors, etc.?
In Australia we are getting mixed information about when we will get them. It varies from ‘early next year’ to ‘end of 2020/early 2021’. The ones you get would also be made in Japan like ours so it could be the same for you.

I was told not to take too much notice to the US models; the Outbacks we get will be different. Except for the obvious RHD vs LHD I don’t know what that means, but our previous/current Outbacks/Libertys (Legacys) have had differences but nothing major. Hopefully ours will still have the 3.6 engine but I doubt it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks XT-sub.

In Europe, we haven't the 3.6 engine. I imagine that it is because of the contamination rates. The European Rules (nowadays WLTP) will make very difficult to sell this engine. Besides, we shouldn't forget that we pay 1'5 USD dollars per litre of gasoline, and that makes that the fuel-consumption is very important in an European engine. Nevertheless, I would like to test the turbo 2.4 engine.

Anyway, I'm afraid that we have to wait. :-(

Best.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,661 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I would be going after the Levorg, not the Outback. Subaru doesn't offer that model in America, and I guess it's natural to want what you can't have. A small station wagon that is truly not a CUV or SUV has a lot of appeal to me, which is one reason I'm partial to the Gen 3 design.

Hopefully ours will still have the 3.6 engine but I doubt it.
Without the US market demand on the EZ3.6, I highly doubt that Subaru will keep this engine in production for just a small number of countries (by my account, all that's left is OZ, NZ, and South Africa, I think?).

·
Registered
467 Posts
I highly doubt that Subaru will keep this engine in production for just a small number of countries.
I think you could put money on that.

The gen3 Outbacks are still nice looking vehicles. In a way I miss my gen3 Outback 3.0R. But the gen4 Liberty (Legacy?) specB wagon took the cake for looks IMO.

The Levorg wouldn’t be a bad choice but it depends which model. The 1.6lt one I would give a miss due to its average performance, & the higher spec’d 2.0lt model has had quite a few bad owner reports about the suspension.

·
Registered
467 Posts
This is the latest I have read about New Zealand getting the gen6 Outback. Click on the link in turtleattacks post to see the expected date. It looks like it is expected in 2021.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, if you're in Spain, you could pick up a Dacia Duster to drive while you're waiting (we don't get those in the U.S.). We rented one in Iceland to drive the 'F' mountain roads, and it was really a fun cheap-and-cheerful little SUV. If they brought them over here, I'd almost have to find an excuse to pick one up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a Renault Koleos, so I think I don't need any Duster. ;-) I WANT A 2020 OUTBAAAAACK!
I guess that's similar to the Nissan Rogue sold here (which is as close to a Renault we get) I wouldn't get a Duster instead of an Outback, either, but I think it'd be a fun beach car to leave up at the cottage. And I want my 2020 OUTBAAAAACK too (but it's not due until December).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I heard about February 2020 in Germany. Doubt it. Will see. Ofc only the 2.5l version and due to direct injection with OPF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully it will be on February. I think that if it will be in Germany, it will be in Spain more or less at the same time, won't it be? But... why do you doubt it?

And have you heard something about the inside levels that we'll have? Will they arrive with the new 11 inches new info screen?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you, kyodan75.

I've tried it, but I haven't been able to find this mail. The only that I have got is to contact with Subaru España by Facebook and they just answered to me: "Stay tuned". LOL

Best.
Same problem in Italy. I'd like to buy the 2020 turbo model, nobody knows anything about it. I sent Email to subaru Italy, they just answered "stay tuned!". That s really howful

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think that the problem of the no news is the same all over Europe. And... May be all over the world, except USA.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
878 Posts
The newly designed Levorg looks promising. New 1.8 DIT, 360 degree eyesight along with SGP part 2.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts