Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a beautiful new 2020 Outback Limited. I like everything about it- almost. It is very difficult- almost impossible to hear someone talking through my paired iPhone. I have checked to be sure the volume on the phone is all the way up, and I've turned the volume knob for the radio all the way up. I can hear okay at a stop, but on the freeway I cannot carry on a conversation. I have looked at the volume/sound settings, and the radio and the car's voice can be loud enough to blow my ears out, but I cannot hear a phone call. I am very disappointed in this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are others having the same issue?
Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. And now I am blowing the people on the other end of the line out of the room The sound settings are extremely vague.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I've adjusted the "Incoming Call Volume" to its highest setting (38) - still can barely hear the call. My phone is an iphone 11 Pro, wonder if the phone model has something to do with it. Has anyone found a fix?

·
Registered
2000 S2K Honda, '06 Honda Element, '02 Volvo V70, '99 Silverado
20 Posts
I have a 2020 Touring and noticed that the phone volume seems to depend on how the car is initiated. If I use speech control to make a call the volume is higher than if I use the screen control to initiate a call. WTH?

·
Registered
2020 Silver Onyx XT Outback
22 Posts
I took delivery of an Onyx XT today that I ordered in December and am having the same problem. I have the receive call volume all the way up and can barely hear my calls. Can’t if I’m on rough pavement. I thought I was just missing something because it’s my first day with it and I don’t have it all figured out yet. I hope there is a fix for it soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a beautiful new 2020 Outback Limited. I like everything about it- almost. It is very difficult- almost impossible to hear someone talking through my paired iPhone. I have checked to be sure the volume on the phone is all the way up, and I've turned the volume knob for the radio all the way up. I can hear okay at a stop, but on the freeway I cannot carry on a conversation. I have looked at the volume/sound settings, and the radio and the car's voice can be loud enough to blow my ears out, but I cannot hear a phone call. I am very disappointed in this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are others having the same issue?
Thank you!
Do not rely on Bluetooth; instead, plug your iPhone into Apple CarPlay by attaching the charging cord to your phone and the appropriate input located in the center glovebox in my Impreza but possibly in a different location in an Outback. You will hear so well you will probably have to turn down the volume.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the tip Davester. I have a 2014 Outback at the moment and have to turn the volume WAY up using Bluetooth. I have just ordered a 2020 Limited XT and will try your suggestion.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium
3 Posts
Turn up the volume on your phones. That helps some. I wish bluetooth would fix some problems across the board.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts