Subaru Outback Forums banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
base price is $51k, the black label is almost $78k. Also it's a 7 passenger. Fair competition for the outback?
Comparing the OB to the Aviator is most likely not a fair comparison. The Lincoln will win hands down.

This does seem like a pretty fair comparison.

OB versus Passport

·
Registered
459 Posts
Consumer reports video podcast starting at 6min 30sec in the video is their rehashEd review of the Outback.

https://apple.news/Abs_kjGMNR0qv1FfBYja-Fw

Its episode 229 which should also be here but was not when I checked: https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-talking-cars/

Finally hearing their complaints about the infotainment screen I have to disagree. what they complain about just is not an issue for the most part and definitely not to the extend that they spend on it verses everything else. They’ve way overblown their critique of the infotainment issues they have and some of their complaints is just garbage—for example I have never heard anyone here complain that there is too much on the screen.

(I have issues as many of us do, but their issues barely capture them.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where are you seeing that? It still says the three are finalists and that they'll unveil winners on the 18th to me. Did they momentarily accidentally reveal early?
My apologies the website was confusing with the way they post it. It’s talking about the category but makes it look like it won when I was reading it. I was looking at motortrend.com/awards

·
Registered
459 Posts
The February 2020 Consumer Reports (the latest issue that i see electronically) lists the “Outback Limited XT” as the top SUV amongst the 24 SUVs of all types. It is in a chart near the very back of the publication. (The Forester is a close second.)

On a previous page list a tiny “road report” with an abridged list of pros and cons in a side by side with another random car (not an SUV.)

I’d post the chart here but I’m not sure if that is kosher according to forum rules.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
999 Posts
The February 2020 Consumer Reports (the latest issue that i see electronically) lists the “Outback Limited XT” as the top SUV amongst the 28 SUVs of all types. It is in a chart near the very back of the publication. (The Forester is a close second.)

On a previous page list a tiny “road report” with an abridged list of pros and cons in a side by side with another random car (not an SUV.)

I’d post the chart here but I’m not sure if that is kosher according to forum rules.
NIce. I'd like to see that. Does it require a CR subscription? Mine ran out some time ago.

·
Registered
459 Posts
NIce. I'd like to see that. Does it require a CR subscription? Mine ran out some time ago.
I subscribe to Apple News+ and noticed the new issue today. But I believe it does require a subscription either directly or via some emagizine service. It’s not worth paying for just for this. Here is a snippet of the chart (this sould be fair-use..but I’ll take down if people think otherwise.)

·
Registered
459 Posts
One correction, the chart only had 24 Compact SUVs, Luxury Compact SUVs, and midsize SUVs not All SUVs like I first said. it did include cars like the "RAV 4 XLE (2.5L)", "Acrua RDX Tech", and the "Volvo XC60 T5 momentum" (all which rated MUCH lowering their scoring)

They also had 4 Luxury Compact cars in the chart all rated worse then the Outback. Not sure what why were in the same chart.

The charts are for their “road test” scores where they added results from 4 cars, the Outback being one.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
145 Posts
I just checked online, I do have a subscription, and the Telluride rates out higher in the same mid size SUV class with an overall score of 91. The 2020 Outback is 2nd with the above 87.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just checked online, I do have a subscription, and the Telluride rates out higher in the same mid size SUV class with an overall score of 91. The 2020 Outback is 2nd with the above 87.
Telluride is not listed in the chart on the February 2020 edition of the copy I have—which has mattresses on the cover. You may be looking at more complete information. I only have access to the print editions but you probally have access to the full site.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
742 Posts
The Kia Telluride is getting a lot of good reviews, and if I recall correctly, was named as Motor Trend's 2020 SUV of the year. It's a 3-row SUV, but is priced pretty reasonably, compared to other 3-row SUVs.

It's a 3.8 liter V-6, with a 5-speed auto. A fair amount bigger and heavier than an OB. The two-row Sorrento is more of a direct competitor, I suppose...

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Kia Telluride is getting a lot of good reviews, and if I recall correctly, was named as Motor Trend's 2020 SUV of the year. It's a 3-row SUV, but is priced pretty reasonably, compared to other 3-row SUVs.

It's a 3.8 liter V-6, with a 5-speed auto. A fair amount bigger and heavier than an OB. The two-row Sorrento is more of a direct competitor, I suppose...
Because it is a 3 row SUV that explains why it was not in the chart published in the latest February CR issue. They did not list 3 Row SUVs. So the Outback is king of the non-3 rows SUVs. ?

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT.
409 Posts
savagegeese review is out (love his reviews). Loves the car overall, HATES the infotainment screen, HATES the stop/start, doesn't like the CVT.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts