Subaru Outback Forums banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is one of the more negative driving experiences I've seen from reviewers. His complaints are ones that we've heard here and there, but it seems he experienced all of them:

1. Rough start/stop that turns on after 10 seconds for no apparent reason.
2. Screen froze completely.
3. CVT/Turbo unpredictable and off-putting.
4. Lane keep fighting with you.
5. Things constantly beeping and flashing at you during normal driving.
6. Turbo is laggy.
7. Disappointing fuel economy.

He does say there really isn't much competition for this specific type of vehicle unless you are willing to spend quite a bit more over the XT Touring model, and that the comfort/ride is very good.

This Matt guy is a complete joke. I wouldn’t trust any of his reviews, period. If he’s not begging for people to donate money to him so he can buy a new car, he tries too hard to get into reputable reviewers videos. I’m all for the pros and cons being known, but I can’t get behind anything this kid says

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Edition, Storm Trooper White
280 Posts
Let me predict...
Week 1 cracked windscreen from minor chip. Shocked at the price to replace and re-calibrate.
Week 10 tpms error. 2 weeks to replicate and fix
Week 15 start/stop roughness. search the internet, found the 45 page thread. Give up
Week 22 MPG too high on the turbo but enjoy the power, having doubts. Want the 2.5 NA engine. Search internet, found the 48 page thread. Give up.
Week 32 Blown tire while camping. Used the full size spare on Onyx. Praise to Subaru & finished camping. Internet explodes, SOA flooded with disgruntled Limited & Touring owners complaining about their donut tires they did not know they had.Demand they take back donut and replace with full size spare.

Signed
Jus-another-Nostrada-moose :p

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
833 Posts
So So review. They never really deep dive into the engineering of both cars. I agree the Outback is the clear winner although I would take Honda's sweet 3.5 over the 2.4. The nine speed has been a trouble spot for Honda. I think the Pilot got the 10 speed from the Odyssey . Outback is a clear winner in comfort and interior refinement. It looks better IMO.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

161 - 172 of 172 Posts