Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2020 Outback premium on 1/18. This replaced my my old daily driver. Absolutely loving all the features on this car. It's by far the most comfortable car in the family. This will be great for when a kid gets thrown into the mix.

Goals for the vehicle would be when the tires need to be replaced later on down the line, I'll grab some lightweight wheels from Enkei (thinking RPF-01) with new tires. Reduce some rotational weight and get even better gas mileage. :)
I think LP Adventure (if I remember correctly) has an axle-back already available. Was hoping to find some video clips and see how that sounds. Would like to get that Subaru burble but without having exhaust drone.

Bad news... was parked in a parking lot and a guy in a 2018 GMC Yukon decides to back into the space in front of me. Despite the cameras, proximity alarm, mirrors, and his own eyes... he backs straight into me. So 4 day old car was backed into. :|

Worst part is the guy actually had an attitude when I told him he hit my car. Said sorry and tried to walk into the store without a care in the world. Long story short, good part is that his insurance is covering it. Will need to now get it fixed, get a rental, and have Subaru check all the sensors. Then I have to file a diminished values claim.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Congrats on the new Outback!

Sorry to hear about the ***hole in the Yukon. It's a good thing that you were there to witness it. Guaranteed he would have just walked away and not left a note or anything.

About that Subaru burble - it was caused by unequal length exhaust. I think the 2.5 engine's manifolds are equal, and the same engine is in the 2019 Forester. The exhaust sounds good but it's not that iconic Subaru sound.

Here's Nameless exhaust vs stock

·
Registered
376 Posts
I park as far as possible from other cars and don't mind the longer walk. I started doing this when I leased my first car a few years ago and that car did not have a single door ding by the time I handed it back to the dealership. I've been doing the same with my current car that I own and so far no door dings/damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new Outback!

Sorry to hear about the ***hole in the Yukon. It's a good thing that you were there to witness it. Guaranteed he would have just walked away and not left a note or anything.

About that Subaru burble - it was caused by unequal length exhaust. I think the 2.5 engine's manifolds are equal, and the same engine is in the 2019 Forester. The exhaust sounds good but it's not that iconic Subaru sound.

Here's Nameless exhaust vs stock

Yeah figured the FB25 in the outback and fozzie was using equal length. I think the FA20 in the BRZ and FR-S is also equal length. Was looking at the nameless axleback. Probably won't do the exhaust till after the wheels.

What would be interesting to see is if the ATI Racing crank pulley for the BRZ/FR-S will fit the Outback. Based on Perrin's (I think) website, the lightweight crank pulley they have will fit vehicles with the FA20 along with the FB25 (under the applicable vehicles). Getting the ATI Racing pulley would be an upgrade since it's lighter than factory and provides better dampening.

I park as far as possible from other cars and don't mind the longer walk. I started doing this when I leased my first car a few years ago and that car did not have a single door ding by the time I handed it back to the dealership. I've been doing the same with my current car that I own and so far no door dings/damage.
I do this too. Literally do not get why out of all the spots available, he had to pick the one in front of me. :| Starting to think this guy's method of knowing when to stop is when he bumps something with his bumper. :|

1 - 4 of 4 Posts