Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am at a complete loss and do not know where to look for help!
I have a 2020 Outback Limited. When ordering the car, a new one was ordered for me since none of the nearby dealerships had the specific options I wanted. I specifically wanted a car that was capable of remote start capability so I requested a model with that remote starter. The guy at the dealership told me to not waste my money becuase Subaru has an app that you can pay "$2 a month" and start the car from your phone. Okay cool, I'll go for that option! 3 weeks later, they called me and said one of the dealerships suddenly had the Outback with the options I wanted it, it only had 90 miles. I took it rather than waiting another who knows how long before the made to order car came in. It turns out, my new car was a key fob start, not a push to start with remote start capability. I was disappointed to find out that if I wanted that option, I now had to pay $700+ to get the remote start purchased and installed. I waited 3 months to save up for the purchase. I finally got it installed last week at the dealership, and since then, my car has died twice. The last time, it was completely dead even with 5 minutes connected to cables it didn't want to start. I'm taking it in tommorow to get this looked at. Anyone else have these issues?
I'm also struggling to get the remote start controls set up on the mysubaru app. The only options under remote services are unlock/lock, locate vehicle and horn. I tried managing the subscription and there is no option for like an upgraded service with remote start included? I would call the help center but with COVID, reply times are super long, my subaru expert husband is in Korea, and I'm starting to think my local dealership is worthless.
Thanks for reading this long post! Pics for attention of our first subie!

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT
1 Posts
I was given two options for remote starting, either a remote starter or by purchasing a subscription to starlink. You download an app and can start the outback using your phone.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you have an Outback Limited, you should 100% have keyless / remote start (with push button start instead of a key you turn in the ignition). It's in the specs. Can you look at the window sticker of your car and tell us exactly which model you have? My understanding is that you need the push button start to have remote start.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have both I believe a seperate remote and the app neither I have used yet with only 400 miles on a limited

my purchase subscription was like $80 for 3 years

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,292 Posts
I have a 2020 Outback Limited.... It turns out, my new car was a key fob start, not a push to start with remote start capability.
No, you don't. The Limited comes with the fob that stays in your pocket, NOT a key to start. There are some models of the Premium (cloth interior) that have the fob as well. But if you have an actual KEY to start, then you do NOT have a Limited.

Please PM me the last 8 of the VIN (or the whole thing, doesn't matter), and I'll check the car out. (Presuming you live in the United States - if you're in Canada, then I'm not sure I can pull your info up.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts