Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 touring XT
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea where to get side wind deflector for 2020 outback?
Goes 2019 outback fit on 2020?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The part number for the factory 2020 side window deflector kit is F001SAN000.

Put that number into google and you'll find many prices attached to that kit.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited
10 Posts
Any idea where to get side wind deflector for 2020 outback?
Goes 2019 outback fit on 2020?
there is a company in California that makes side window deflectors for the 2020 Outback and they are of good quality and much cheaper ($69.95 & free shipping) than the Subaru part. I had them on my 2016 and they were great. I just got them for my 2020. They are fairly easy to install. I’m just waiting for slightly warmer weather before I install them.

·
Registered
2020 touring XT
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK... Thanks... I checked Amazon and did not find the right ones.
I don't like A/C and I keep my Dside window open all the way all the time. I am not in Oregon so no more rain or snow. I never used the deflectors so ... Do yo like them and do you recommend?

Thanks again

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would do them again with zero hesitation.

The Subaru pieces are on a whole other level of quality and sophistication compared to the Weathertech ones on my Land Cruiser. When I took them out of the box, it was very apparent why they were double the price of the competition.
The car cost $35K+ - I’m in no rush to put a bunch of cheap Pep Boys crap all over it.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,179 Posts
OK... Thanks... I checked Amazon and did not find the right ones.
I don't like A/C and I keep my Dside window open all the way all the time. I am not in Oregon so no more rain or snow. I never used the deflectors so ... Do yo like them and do you recommend?

Thanks again
I have had them on the last 2 outbacks I have had and put them on the 2020. I love them - for just what you say, opening windows, even in weather (edit - I guess you didnt say this exactly, but I love them for all the ways they let you open the window and minimize the weather effect)
But- the 2020 version sits a bit tighter to the window than before , which I dont like, as you cant roll the windows down AS FAR before rain will find its way in. This is a minor change - not major, but something I noticed. I still recommend them.
Wish that company linked would show them ON THE CAR, like Subaru does. I wouldn't buy them unless I could see them on the car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had WeatherTechs on my 2011 OB and I loved them, sold the car with them still in place no problems at all with those. Still waiting for WeatherTech to get them for the 2020, may have to resort to getting the Subaru ones if they don’t become available.

After having them previously, I will need/want them always since it gets cooking hot in summer where I live. And it’s nice to lower the car temp in the summer without worrying about rain getting in when its parked at work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any pictures of the Wellvisors?

·
Registered
2020 Outback LDF MSRP $37,383
102 Posts
Gotta be careful when buying non OE vents. Looks like 2020's have slightly different body contours and any vent advertised as fitting 2014-2020 won't be perfect. I almost jumped on Vesul :Amazon.com: Vesul New Updated Side Window Visor Vent Rain Guard Shield Wind Deflectors Sun Shade Compatible with Subaru Outback Smoke Gray 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020: Automotive Check out the complaints. Here's a company selling 3 types: 2020 Subaru Outback Wind Deflectors | Rain Guards | Window Visors I'd like to know if any of you have tried or would recommend any of these Brands

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gotta be careful when buying non OE vents. Looks like 2020's have slightly different body contours and any vent advertised as fitting 2014-2020 won't be perfect. I almost jumped on Vesul :Amazon.com: Vesul New Updated Side Window Visor Vent Rain Guard Shield Wind Deflectors Sun Shade Compatible with Subaru Outback Smoke Gray 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020: Automotive Check out the complaints. Here's a company selling 3 types: 2020 Subaru Outback Wind Deflectors | Rain Guards | Window Visors I'd like to know if any of you have tried or would recommend any of these Brands
I have purchased and used a non OEM vent. There is a company in California that makes side window deflectors for the 2020 Outback and they are of good quality and much cheaper ($69.95 & free shipping) than the Subaru part. I had them on my 2016 and they were great. I just got them for my 2020. They are fairly easy to install. I have installed them and they are great and have an excellent fit.

·
Registered
2020 Outback LDF MSRP $37,383
102 Posts
Philly
That is the company I ended up choosing. I'm on their waiting list to be notified whenever they get stock.
Thanks for the tip !!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
156 Posts
Has anyone else had an issue with their OEM visors peeling away from the car on the front?

Curious what type of tape they are provided for the install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does it bother you that the front driver side visor is a half inch short from the end of the door?

Is the passenger side the same way?
No it doesn’t bother me. Passenger side is the same. However I did contact Wellvisor and was told that the mold is currently under modification and they will send me a new front pair when they become available.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts