Subaru Outback Forums banner

2441 - 2460 of 2486 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Be sure you are holding down both the right side up and down temperature buttons down, then press the tune button six times and release the temp buttons. I did it methodically, like maybe 1 press every second and it worked first time. If you're pressing the tune button really fast maybe try slowing down.
I will try again and do it the way you say...methodically. A dealer screen came up before....let you guys know.
Thank you for such a fast response!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will try again and do it the way you say...methodically. A dealer screen came up before....let you guys know.
Thank you for such a fast response!
To both Chupacabra and Silver Onyx..........what a tremendous help. I had the thumb drive ready and had to go out to pick up food. I was able to open the dealer window and actually updated while doing the errand....20 minutes tops. By the time I got home it was done and works beautifully.
I can't say it enough...what a great forum and you guys are terrific!
Stay safe.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,564 Posts
To both Chupacabra and Silver Onyx..........what a tremendous help. I had the thumb drive ready and had to go out to pick up food. I was able to open the dealer window and actually updated while doing the errand....20 minutes tops. By the time I got home it was done and works beautifully.
I can't say it enough...what a great forum and you guys are terrific!
Stay safe.
While I am glad the update went well, I am not sure it was a good idea to do the update while driving. Both, because the possibility of an interruption to the update as well as safety.

That is unless you meant you left the car to do the update and went to run your errand.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT Magnetite Gray Metallic / Java Brown Leather
377 Posts
I can't find the original location for the zip file d/l and I've looked thru this thread until my eyes started to bleed, but can't find the d/l site. I'm going to the dealership Wednesday and I'd like to bring the latest/greatest files for the 504 on a 16mb or larger thumb drive and a blank formatted NTFS thumb drive. I have the 4 files zipped with a 6/9/2020 date. Are those still valid or are there newer ones?
TIA

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I can't find the original location for the zip file d/l and I've looked thru this thread until my eyes started to bleed, but can't find the d/l site.
There was no further revision for 504 files so if you have it then you have it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While I am glad the update went well, I am not sure it was a good idea to do the update while driving. Both, because the possibility of an interruption to the update as well as safety.

That is unless you meant you left the car to do the update and went to run your errand.
Actually there wasn't anything to do while driving....I started it in my driveway and didn't pay attention to it until back in the driveway. Anyway if it was distracting the car would have told me to keep my eyes on the road.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haven't been on the forum for a couple of months, odd since now I'm working at home🤔. Anyway came across this thread a couple of days ago and installed 504 (had 502) with the only issues being needing to run out to get a USB (all of mine are at the office) and going back to around page 40 to see how others got around the Mac formatting issue. Took 25 min, no problem. I did the map update and that took almost 90 min! Huge thanks to chvvkumar and the others that helped with the Mac issue. I'm running IOS 14 Beta and Waze looks amazing. Told a coworker that works in IT about doing the update and he doesn't want to do it cuz he's afraid he'll brick the HU LOL! I told him dealer was more likely to brick it based on what's been reported here. I have noticed improvement with the smoothness of the accelerator and audio sound on my Limited KT with HK.

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
717 Posts
My dealer who gave me the mid update files that I and many others have used so successfully said he had a call from a customer who unsuccessfully tried to do a 704 update OTA. Anyone else heard any chatter about 704 being released? I'm not going to take a chance checking with my car because even though it shouldn't recognize it, I still don't want to take a chance messing up a good thing since I already have 504.
Curiosity got the best of me. I made sure I had deselected automatically download updates and then checked for an update. Sure enough the car said I was up to date, so it's smart enough to know that if you already have 504 you don't need 704. I have yet to hear of anyone doing 704 OTA other than the person I referenced above that tried but failed, apparently from not having a strong enough wifi connection to download the entire update.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Curiosity got the best of me. I made sure I had deselected automatically download updates and then checked for an update. Sure enough the car said I was up to date, so it's smart enough to know that if you already have 504 you don't need 704. I have yet to hear of anyone doing 704 OTA other than the person I referenced above that tried but failed, apparently from not having a strong enough wifi connection to download the entire update.
My car did not find 704 update either (have 504) but I'm not convinced that 704 is out yet. Has anyone experienced it first hand instead of hearsay?

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2020 Onyx will be arriving in the next few weeks. Do you think the update will be included in it? Thanks
I ordered an Onyx last week and the salesman mentioned that there had been an update that made the carplay full screen. When he tells me the car is in I will tell him to make sure the 504 is installed before I pick it up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I ordered an Onyx last week and the salesman mentioned that there had been an update that made the carplay full screen. When he tells me the car is in I will tell him to make sure the 504 is installed before I pick it up.
In the vehicle just tap Settings on the home screen and on the next screen scroll down to System Information. That will tell you what the software is. I believe all vehicles with a July manufacture were updated. My Legacy came in last week and it had been updated.

2441 - 2460 of 2486 Posts