Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
2601 - 2620 of 5361 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.5L
32 Posts
I did my upgrade to 504 from 501 last week with no problems. My concern is why I never received notification that there were upgrades prior to 504. I use Android Auto and desperately wand AA on the full screen. How can I receive notification when software updates are available?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I did my upgrade to 504 from 501 last week with no problems. My concern is why I never received notification that there were upgrades prior to 504. I use Android Auto and desperately wand AA on the full screen. How can I receive notification when software updates are available?
From the MySubaru app on my phone, I periodically check the service/recalls and service campaigns tab. You should see something called ECU Reprogramming C1424 that was a recall if your car was manufactured early on.

Other software updates (line 504) were not recalls so you would not get a notice although I heard that eventually Subaru will be sending something out when 704 (‘similar’ to 504 but over down OTA) is pushed out.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Magnetite Grey, 2009 Outback Quartz Silver Metallic
266 Posts
For those of you who use Carplay with maps. When you are on a phone call do your navigation prompts continue so you can hear next turns? On Android auto, with my 2018 Outback it was hit or miss with this was never able to figure out why with my 2020 outback I have not head any voice prompts yet during a phone call it just goes silent and you miss the turn if you are not watching the map. I'm not sure if it's an android auto/maps issue or a subaru headunit issue bi have played woth all the Bluetooth and voice settings on the phone and maps but nothing changed just wondered if Carplay had the same issue
No, just as they do not without CarPlay, What one gets while on a call is notification beeps. Navigation on the iPhone does not interrupt calls. As soon. as one hangs up, voice directions resume.

·
Registered
2020 OB 2.5 Limited
207 Posts
OK, thanks but the question is do you get those Beeps while using carplay connected? Google maps give you option to play navigation during call in navigation settings but this does not seem to work when connected to AA headunit works with AA if you use the phone for AA

·
Registered
15 Posts
You need to turn up the volume for voice guidance - can either turn the knob for it while music seems to pause for it or there is a separate volume slider buried in audio preferences

·
Registered
2020 Outback Magnetite Grey, 2009 Outback Quartz Silver Metallic
266 Posts
OK, thanks but the question is do you get those Beeps while using carplay connected? Google maps give you option to play navigation during call in navigation settings but this does not seem to work when connected to AA headunit works with AA if you use the phone for AA
Yes. As an aside, the volume settings are independent; if one wishes to have louder voice nav (and beeps) one needs to adjust the volume while "Siri" is speaking. Music, radio, and such is controlled when that aspect is active.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited
613 Posts
but as far as I can tell it is not available in the App Store yet (as of noon today)
Same, no update available yet.
For those of you who use Carplay with maps. When you are on a phone call do your navigation prompts continue so you can hear next turns? On Android auto, with my 2018 Outback it was hit or miss with this was never able to figure out why with my 2020 outback I have not head any voice prompts yet during a phone call it just goes silent and you miss the turn if you are not watching the map.
For Google Maps, that option is only available on Android.

If you want to hear turn by turn voice directions during a call try Waze for iOS. Turn off "Mute during calls".

Google announced they'll be opening up Android Auto to third party navigation and parking apps. New calendar app and settings app for Android Auto, too. Sadly, no word on support for full screen portrait mode.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,647 Posts
Google announced they'll be opening up Android Auto to third party navigation and parking apps. New calendar app and settings app for Android Auto, too. Sadly, no word on support for full screen portrait mode.
Good news since I am waiting for Sygic to be available on AA.

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Limited XT
772 Posts
Picked up the car, finally, and 504 was on it. I'll take a look at the build date tomorrow, but I suspect the update was done by the dealer, rather than the factory.
If it has a July 20 manufacture date probably done at the factory. So far all the cars including mine that I looked at my dealer and a few others that have 7/20 all had 504. The ones before July would probably have to be done at the dealer.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT in Autumn Green
272 Posts
If it has a July 20 manufacture date probably done at the factory. So far all the cars including mine that I looked at my dealer and a few others that have 7/20 all had 504. The ones before July would probably have to be done at the dealer.
It was made before July, as it got to the port at the end of June. It showed up in the dealer's inventory as "in transit" in early June. So I figure late May/early June manufacture date, which of course predates the 504 software update.

The maps are not the most recent version, it's the one with the number in the 17 thousands. But given the rumor/speculation around these parts that a new version will be out soon, I'll leave it as it is for a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Legacy owner here. After hearing about the update a while back, I've asked my dealership if they can install it on a few occasions without any clear answer that they knew about it let alone if they had the update available. I was told they can do infotainment updates without specifying if that meant they had 504 available. After reading how some dealerships bricked the unit by an improper install, I was hesitant to even attempt asking about it again.

With that said, I want to thank chvvkumar for providing the files and instructions so I could get the update done in the comfort of my own driveway in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I need to know anything about this update, here in Canada we do not have it and Subaru Canada doesn’t know about it yet. My 2020 Outback Outdoor XT (Onyx in US) says it’s up to date with 503 and I have seen on YouTube that Apple CarPlay is full screen and the start/stop is moved up front for easier turning off. Boy oh boy do I want that update. How can we in Canada get it?? Any info would be appreciated 😁

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,647 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Premier GT & 2007 3.0R Outback LLBean
368 Posts
Just noticed that there are two supplemental manuals published and released (Owner and Starlink) that cover all kind of changes with 504. It also says 504 is dealer installed and 704 will soon be a WiFi delivered option. Not all new 504 features are included in 704. One new feature is if you touch and hold the clock on the display, the clock menu opens. Changes with Sirius XM was also another notable area. You can find the supplements at the Subaru website - owner manual area. Here's the link to the Canadian site but the manuals are the same.. Owner’s Manuals - Contact Preferences - Subaru Canada

2601 - 2620 of 5361 Posts