Subaru Outback Forums banner

3501 - 3520 of 3558 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have not read this entire thread. I have had issues with the screen going blank, and my wife called saying that she has no sound from either the radio or navigation.

What is the current TSB or software version that the dealer should install? She is going to try stopping there on her way home this morning.
I have not read this entire thread. I have had issues with the screen going blank, and my wife called saying that she has no sound from either the radio or navigation.

What is the current TSB or software version that the dealer should install? She is going to try stopping there on her way home this morning.
If it is a 2020 outback then it is the version ending in 504. However, as many in this thread will tell you, it is necessary for your wife to tell the service advisor about the audio cutting out. Just asking for a software update may not be enough. Once scheduled, it takes about an hour for the tech to do the update.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If it is a 2020 outback then it is the version ending in 504. However, as many in this thread will tell you, it is necessary for your wife to tell the service advisor about the audio cutting out. Just asking for a software update may not be enough. Once scheduled, it takes about an hour for the tech to do the update.
Thanks for the information.

I was just at the dealer yesterday to have snow tires put on. You would think that a software update is something that they would make you aware of and simply perform when the vehicle comes through.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Thanks for the information.

I was just at the dealer yesterday to have snow tires put on. You would think that a software update is something that they would make you aware of and simply perform when the vehicle comes through.
Not the way it works. The "update" is a part of a technical service bulletin. Only performed when a customer complains of any of the issues listed in the TSB.

Updates are meant to be customer performed. However the first attempt by Subaru with the 2020 was a total failure.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT in Autumn Green
246 Posts
No idea if it was a complete install. Had the dealership do it. Wife says it doesn’t happen every single time. I thought it was all the time based on how often she tells me it happened.
If you go back far enough in this thread, back to late June and thereafter, you will see some pics of people's screens reflecting partial vs. full installs of the 504 update, and also explanations of what it should look like.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just upgraded to a new iPhone and in the process I noticed that my old phone was in the “CarPlay” device list twice! I think it may have been added a second time when that phone was upgraded to iOS14. Anyway I deleted both those instances and connected the new phone.

One thing I did notice is that CarPlay seems to be starting up much much quicker. Before with my older phone I I sometimes needed to “wake” my phone for CarPlay to start up. I’m not sure is it is because it is a newer phone or if deleting the other CarPlay devices made the difference but I hope it stays this way.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT Magnetite Gray
47 Posts
I just had 504 installed while she was at the dealer for 6month 6000 service. My wife claimed she just batted her eyes and they updated it. West herr Subaru in WNY gave her no trouble. It is one update away from being a good system imho which is making heated seats adjustable from home screen.

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.5L
31 Posts
Any word on when new firmware is coming out for full screen Android Auto

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Odds are you won't see it for the 2020 anytime soon.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT Autumn Green Metallic
5 Posts
I'm sure it's something on Google's side that needs to enable fullscreen Android Auto like what Apple did for newest iOS on devices for fullscreen Carplay.

Reactions: PleasePressZero

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
I'm kind of curious what changes there were to the TSB 15-261-20R . It was updated on friday, so the current date revision is November 20, 2020
I can check with my son but he is off until Friday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm curious as to which version Canadian 2020 Outback owners have for firmware. From the dealer I have 503 and have not had any problems with it so far. I have android so don't really care about full screen apple car play. Of course I did not get auto stop moved to a better location, but doesn't matter because I have the eliminator installed. Would be nice if some day we got full screen android auto. So in Canada it's 503 so far, any other canadians with 504?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited and 2015 Forester Limited
230 Posts
Saw a post on a Facebook 2020+ Outback group about firmware version F31BHMO40-980 coming on the latest 2021 Outback builds. It moves the Auto Start Stop button onto the main screen but Auto Start/Stop is still reported to revert to ON after every engine start. I attached some pics form that group including a shot of the appropriate page in the latest manual release for these Outbacks and a screen shot of the screen.

Does anyone here have this latest version yet?

The manual for these newest outbacks shows the Seat Heater controls unchanged from the original requirement to tap the seat heater icon then tap the seater heater icon in the larger climate control screen. Definitely disappointing.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
453 Posts
That's where the ASS button should have been since day 1. At least on the main screen it's not terribly bad to disable it.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Saw a post on a Facebook 2020+ Outback group about firmware version F31BHMO40-980 coming on the latest 2021 Outback builds. It moves the Auto Start Stop button onto the main screen but Auto Start/Stop is still reported to revert to ON after every engine start. I attached some pics form that group including a shot of the appropriate page in the latest manual release for these Outbacks and a screen shot of the screen.

Does anyone here have this latest version yet?

The manual for these newest outbacks shows the Seat Heater controls unchanged from the original requirement to tap the seat heater icon then tap the seater heater icon in the larger climate control screen. Definitely disappointing.
View attachment 497987

View attachment 497988

View attachment 497989
that's what hokieman was talking about in the thread you responded to.... he even showed screenshots. In fact, that exact screenshot is in that thread. I posted those manual pictures a day ago in that same thread.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Ltd XT
23 Posts
I'm curious as to which version Canadian 2020 Outback owners have for firmware. From the dealer I have 503 and have not had any problems with it so far. I have android so don't really care about full screen apple car play. Of course I did not get auto stop moved to a better location, but doesn't matter because I have the eliminator installed. Would be nice if some day we got full screen android auto. So in Canada it's 503 so far, any other canadians with 504?
Picked mine up mid-September (new) and it had 504.

That being said it also had an ancient version of the (built-in) nav maps. I had about 10 minutes of fear when I thought I bricked the head unit updating manually from subaru-maps.

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Touring XT
176 Posts
Like the seat heater Would also be nice if you could just tap the recirculation icon to toggle between on and off instead of having to go into the big second screen
You can move it up to the main screen but will lose whatever it is set to now.

From page 213: Climate Control - Customize Climate Button - A/C/MAX A/C/AUTO/Recirculation 281 220

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
182 Posts
Would also be nice if you could just tap the recirculation icon to toggle between on and off instead of having to go into the big second screen
There is a button that is customizable for the climate control area (see red circle in pic below).
I like it set to be the recirculate button. I leave the system set to Full Auto, but if a dust cloud is approaching, I can just hit the recirc button. Then when the cloud passes I can hit the button again for outside air.

The only downside is once you hit the recirc button it brings it out of Full Auto and into just plain Auto. The consequences being that recirc in now latched in the state that you left it in and Auto will no longer turn recirc on and off as it sees fit. Although all other Auto functions still work like: auto fan speed, auto AC or Heating,lower or higher registers etc.

(Version 504 software)

3501 - 3520 of 3558 Posts