Subaru Outback Forums banner

3961 - 3980 of 4235 Posts

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
1,624 Posts
2021 Onyx XT - Mid Upgrade complete. I've only had the car for a month so my SiriusXM trial is still going. I noticed a few things today and had some questions:

1) When I cycled through the weather display I saw that the update had defaulted it to Washington DC - Metro, which is not where I am. I did some searching on Google and found a YouTube video where someone went into Home > Apps > SXM > Weather > Current Location. For me I noticed that I had no 'Current Location' button within the SXM app and I had to manually set it to my city. Anybody have any experience with this? It's not a big deal, but a 'Current Location' button sounds good even though it's a trial subscription.

2) I only just saw the recall announcement today which sucks because it means I jumped the gun and would always rather the dealership do any kind of updates or service rather than doing it myself for warranty purposes. My question is even though I did the update myself should I still bring it into the dealership when I get the notice?
1) Current location is only for models with Factory Nav. Yours has select location and favorites, which you have to save after setting a location. Washington DC is the default when the system burps, or sometimes with software updates as you experienced.
2) No need to waste your time as you have already completed the update. If you want to throw the dealer an extra 1/2 hour labor from Subaru, have them verify it the next time you're in for other service. All they do is check your current software version, it will show 980, and they're done. Check for yourself and you should see version ending in 980, plus your start-stop appears on the front screen after the engine is running.

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Limited
175 Posts
After you turn the ac off, hit the climate controls so the expanded display opens up, tap recirculate, then tap again to turn recirculate off. This will keep it on fresh air so your windows don’t without having to use the ac, only exception being in heavy rain or high humidity.
I usually always have the recirculation set to fresh air.. Sure wish they would also make the recirculation button just a tap to toggle between on and off without having to go into the big display. I realize you can swap out the ac button for recirculation but that sort of defeats the point when also don't want to have to go digging for the ac button. Simple fix, just like the seat Heat buttons

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,157 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,157 Posts
Is the "High" service bulletin for sw version 380 available? The attached .PDF's are the customer notification letters.
Sorry, attached the wrong files. Here they are:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,157 Posts
I updated the post containing the update files to have the December 18th PDF - thanks @chvvkumar !

Notice that the versions even in the updated PDF are lower than the existing files. I guess it's not important but interesting.
I have also updated the website:

www.gen6firmware.com

·
Premium Member
6,835 Posts
Just curious if you looked to see if the actual update files have been changed since the first release?
I just checked 60 seconds ago and they are the same as the ones I uploaded - filename wise, e.g. for the 2020 280 for base, 380 for mid and high, 880 for the 2021 base, 980 for the mid and high.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
I updated the post containing the update files to have the December 18th PDF - thanks @chvvkumar !

Notice that the versions even in the updated PDF are lower than the existing files. I guess it's not important but interesting.
the documentation people butchered the latest TSB. They took out the chart that shows all the levels of the headunit versions, and relabeled that section "only applies to the base level", and then refers to WRH-20 and WRI-20... yet the entire document is for all of them. They've done better in the past with this... have the product campaign refer to a TSB as needed, keep certain updates in one document. Now some information is duplicated in three places, and is likely to get out of sync pretty quick.

My guess is they'll update the TSB version at some point and put other stuff back in... so succession of updates at some point. Not interesting if you are just following instructions on how to perform an update, it's all in there.

3961 - 3980 of 4235 Posts