Subaru Outback Forums banner
5401 - 5420 of 7364 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
17,680 Posts
To avoid duplication and wasted money, in case someone else has jumped the gun and done it, I will create my subscription tomorrow unless someone else says they have already subscribed and/or have somehow verified the files aren't there or have obtained them.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
As if a TSB couldn’t get more confusing… haha!

“IMPORTANT NOTE: For 2020-21MY the update contains four (4) files. For 2022MY the update contains three (3) files. When performing an update, the USB must contain the matching number of files and all files must be replaced. ALWAYS use the latest files together as a set.

NEVER reuse or combine files from a prior update with a newer version.

NEW: Be aware that Wilderness Edition has a separate and unique update version. Never attempt to put a Wilderness edition update in an Outback or an Outback update in a Wilderness edition.”

Font Number Rectangle Screenshot Document

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
dedicated thread on CP1 revision history

lots of little fixes in this one… here they are listed out from the TSB for convenience. NOTE: the TSB lists 30 items, but it’s a mistake as item 6 is listed twice. Corrected that here.

Update #4
RC2105
Software Version ID F11G*M072-582 (2020 MY)
Software Version ID F31G*M071-182 (2021 MY)
Software Version ID FB1S*M070-882 (2022 MY)
Software Version ID F51X*M071-082 (2022 MY Wilderness)
released October 15, 2021

contains the following fixes and improvements:
  1. Momentary Black Display; The CID (Center Information Display) and in rare case together with the LCD in the combination meters go blank (black) momentarily. This condition might be followed by CP1 reboot. NOTE: Rear View Camera function is not impacted by this condition.
  2. Blank display when connecting CP1 to Wi-Fi network with long name (over 32 characters).
  3. While using Apple CarPlay, “SUBARU” is displayed on the iPhone Setting menu instead of vehicle name <LEGACY/OUTBACK>.
  4. Vehicle Setting Icon in <Home> menu is grayed out. Menu list in the “Car” tab in the Setting Menu is not displayed.
  5. CarPlay stopped working after hanging up a hands-free phone call.
  6. CID shows multiple images simultaneously.
  7. CID freezes/locks after startup. NOTE: Rear View Camera function is not impacted by this condition.
  8. Move (push ▲▼ repeatedly) and Select in Map list, then freeze and restart itself.
  9. The CID (Center Information Display) freezes/locks during Wi-Fi configuration
  10. Map freezes while Navigation guidance is being provided.
  11. Navigation operation restarts while driving.
  12. Reboot in Factory diag. mode, when removing USB drive or changing to other USB drive.
  13. CP1 system and combination meter reboot again following a forced reboot, when smart phone connected via USB port.
  14. CP1 system reboots following ignition OFF and ON
  15. Switching to Navigation demo mode after CP1 reboots during Bluetooth pairing
  16. CP1 system reboots, while selecting or using Map feature to configure the driving route
  17. Android Auto does not function. “Android Auto is Disconnected” is displayed with Launch Error message.
  18. CarPlay does not function with USB connection.
  19. Sound is muted after hanging up a hands-free phone call.
  20. Ring tones and the voice from the other end on the hands-free phone call cannot be heard
  21. No sound in SXM, following low or dead battery.
  22. Navigation guidance directions are not spoken.
  23. When iPhone phone book transfer fails, system repeats Bluetooth disconnection and connection.
  24. <Media> button does not function in <Home> menu.
  25. Vehicle location is not displayed correctly in Navigation screen.
  26. Radio station moves unexpectedly due to momentary flick or brush of the touch screen.
  27. Temperature setting cannot be controlled by Voice Recognition in Canadian (C*) specification.
  28. Preset outline is not shown following station selection using steering switch
  29. Others: Improvement in button design & location and Icon display, etc.
Complete historical list here

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
17,680 Posts
It's possible that they made undocumented improvements but usually any interface or functional change is explicitly mentioned. These files take a long time to download, and then put in a cloud service, so it may take a day or two for @O-Deer to have the files ready, but when they are I'll do my update the same day.

• Haha
Reactions: O-Deer

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT Crystal Black Silica
690 Posts
Looks like the race is over and the update arrived before my flying car, so I guess I'll cancel my order. ;)

While it doesn't add certain functionalities I had hoped for, like having the AVH on the home screen and being able to adjust the level of the heated/ventilated seats without going to a different screen, if the end result of the update is a more stable system that in and of itself will be huge!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
As if a TSB couldn’t get more confusing… haha!

“IMPORTANT NOTE: For 2020-21MY the update contains four (4) files. For 2022MY the update contains three (3) files. When performing an update, the USB must contain the matching number of files and all files must be replaced. ALWAYS use the latest files together as a set.

View attachment 523118
The text indicated 2020MY and 2021MY consists of 4 files, but only 3 are listed. :confused:

·
Registered
2010 2.5 Prem 6MT; 2020 2.5 Prem
60 Posts
The text indicated 2020MY and 2021MY consists of 4 files, but only 3 are listed. :confused:
Are you looking at low-mid-high for those MY? Each of those corresponds to the head unit/navigation configuration you have. There will be 4 files in the software for each of those. Base=base model ccu, mid=11.6 ccu without navi, high=11.6 ccu with navi.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Are you looking at low-mid-high for those MY? Each of those corresponds to the head unit/navigation configuration you have. There will be 4 files in the software for each of those. Base=base model ccu, mid=11.6 ccu without navi, high=11.6 ccu with navi.
My mistake.

I interpreted the Base, Mid, High as the file names.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's possible that they made undocumented improvements but usually any interface or functional change is explicitly mentioned. These files take a long time to download, and then put in a cloud service, so it may take a day or two for @O-Deer to have the files ready, but when they are I'll do my update the same day.
Was just gonna say, uploading to Google Drive for sharing is taking forever. 5 hours etc

·
Registered
21 Ascent Touring RIP 20 Limited XT
1,301 Posts
I wonder how much of the changes are actually new- my car already displays as “Subaru” in CarPlay. Although, extra stability would be nice.

Reactions: Brian M
5401 - 5420 of 7364 Posts