Subaru Outback Forums banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
8,922 Posts
I think they might have replaced the infotainment screen by mistake instead of the defective CCU. Obviously it needs to be fixed again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I specifically asked the dealer what they replaced and their answer was "the entire head unit, which included both the screen and the ccu." Here is a video of the 1st head unit and what prompted the replacement. I don't know if I just am having terrible luck of what.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
8,922 Posts
Did they check for the TSB?

15-273-20 Technical Service Bulletin Denso CP1 BASE (Dual 7” Display Screen) Erratic Operation Sep 9, 2020

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
8,922 Posts
What's odd about the TSB is that it is exclusively about the lower screen, which OP does have problems with, but his problems include the upper screen as well.

This Service Information Bulletin addresses isolated customer concerns regarding the pictured CP1 BASE Model Center Information Display (CID) LOWER 7-inch display screen flashing, not responding to touch inputs and / or shutting off intermittently

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Daniel, just had the dealer update it this morning. They even found a second download and update required on top of the 504 firmware update. Maybe its for the TSB mentioned earlier in the thread. FWIW, the system as a whole seems a lot snappier than it did on the drive in. Will report back in a few days.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
8,922 Posts
I wonder if their original 504 was incomplete? Could you give us a picture of your software version?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would take it in, if for no other reason than to make them aware of the issue, even though it’s now working. You’re not the only one here who has had one issue or another with the infotainment head unit. It’s seemingly widespread and hopefully there will be a software update coming soon.
my parents are having the same issue with the car radio so they will be bringing it in to the dealership whenever they take the car in for service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My new (5 weeks old) 2020 Outback radio the sound just stopped. Mute is not on. Everything else works fine. Screen everything. What could it be? I stopped and started the car a few times and that did not fix. same for FM/AM and XM stations. I tried again about 45 min later and the radio worked fine. Sound came back on. Is there something wrong with the radio? Should I take into dealership?
Mine (2020 Limited) goes in on 11/4 for the same thing.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT Autumn Green
464 Posts
If you can't get sound back then disconnect the negative battery cable. I waited 5 mins before putting it back on and the sound came back. I had the problem where the sound disappeared complete and only disconnecting the cable fixed it. Even rebooting the head unit (hold volume knob in until it reboots) did not correct my issue. Have not had the problem since upgrading to 504 but not driving as much either. My problems started two weeks after our Oct 19, 2019 delivery and I'm pretty sure we were on 501 firmware back then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pleased to report I've had no issues at all since updating to 504 a little over a week ago. A little miffed the dealership essentially sold it to me "unprepped" only a week prior...
Really nice car tho, first Subaru.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Since it happened to me as well on my 2020 Touring Outback yesterday as well isn’t it likely that it may well be a periodic computer internet bug. Maybe they are trying to do a kind of update which can mess us up for a bit. Hope I am right. Who should we contact at Subaru of America. My dealer is likely to say ‘never heard of that problem ‘ I fear.

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
2,082 Posts
Sometimes the computer burps, if it doesn't reboot on its own you can hold the radio power button in to force a reboot. Note that on a forced reboot AVH will not engage until a complete power down and restart, and there might be other items that don't fully function until a true power cycle. These burps and reboots are much less common once you get 504, and the actual time to reboot with 504 is much quicker. Other things you'll notice is how quickly the center screen comes alive on initial start up, and also how quickly the rear camera is displayed shifting into reverse.

Many people criticize Subaru for releasing the 20 with version 502 because they say 504 is what it should have had in the first place, but I give Subaru credit for releasing the updated software and making the car better. Consider, too, that 502 was the first version released to the public, I wonder what 500 and 501 were like. Also, the 21 comes with it's own version of 500, which is the same as 504 in the 2020 with the addition of the rear seat reminder as well as steering responsive headlights that the lower trims of the 20 didn't have. My 19 also had a software update released late in the model year, but that didn't get as much attention because the 19 didn't have the all inclusive big screen. Even with the software update, the 19 still has issues like audio that doesn't stay muted with power cycles that thankfully have been fixed with the 20 since day one. Likewise, the 20 with 504 still has little bugs that may or may not get fixed with a future update, but even if they aren't they are very minor and not show stoppers like we had with 502 and 503.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still have the little bugs with the 504 release on my 2020 Touring XT. The dealer says bring it in so they can look at it, sounds like a waste of time since they already replaced the head unit and have no clue what is wrong.

·
Registered
'21 Outback Limited Crimson Red Pearl
80 Posts
I just got a 2021 Outback Limited last weekend. Everything was fine for about a week, but last night the sound started cutting out intermittently. My phone was connected via Bluetooth and I was playing music through Starlink. Today it was doing the same thing, so I plugged in the USB to play music though the AndroidAuto app. The same thing started happening! The SiriusXM radio was working fine, so I assumed it was my phone causing problem, but then I found this forum.

I went to check the Software Version just now after reading about the 504 release being the latest version. Is it possible that my new 2021 Subaru has Software Version 500? Am I reading this correctly? WTF? Is this possible that it is that out of date?

20201220_180402.jpg

101 - 120 of 147 Posts