Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,
I am planning on taking my new Outback to the dealer this week but wanted to know if this is a routine problem. Since I picked up the car (12 miles) the tire monitor has not shown pressure (all dashes) at all and indicates in graphic all 4 tires in caution yellow. I checked the pressure and it was high at 40psi. I reduced pressure (cold) to specs. I've driven the car about 500 miles. Dealer, salesman, claims it was working fine when they checked it out.
So, what would cause this? Any ideas? All batteries dead?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
did you check it after driving for a few minutes? When you first start the car, it will show all dashes... at rest the TPMS sensors aren't transmitting, they need to move to start transmitting (I think that's how it works).

·
Registered
676 Posts
Vidalia,

Sometimes you have to trick the TPMS to accept the tire pressure that is recommended, by putting 4 extra lbs in each tire (and the spare?) and driving the car over 30 mph for 5 miles or so. When the TPMS light goes off, then lower each of the pressures back down to the recommended pressure, drive it again and see the result.

My last OBW , a 2012, was an American import and I had to do this to get the system to cooperate. Not sure if your 2020 will react to this procedure, but it should.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The original pressure was 6-8 psi above specs, around 41 psi). I adjusted them while cold from 41 to 35/33 as shown in manual and on door jamb. I have driven plenty of miles above 50 and the tire monitor has always shown the dashes with no pressure indicated. I have driven 500+ miles.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The original pressure was 6-8 psi above specs, around 41 psi). I adjusted them while cold from 41 to 35/33 as shown in manual and on door jamb. I have driven plenty of miles above 50 and the tire monitor has always shown the dashes with no pressure indicated. I have driven 500+ miles.
Could be the sensors are not registered for some reason.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer is ordering a "module" to fix the tire monitoring problem but the parts for the 2020 have not been released so I don't know how long this will take to resolve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts