Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Sky Tire Cloud Vehicle
Hello,

After having a little bump on an off-road trail decided to pull the trigger and get my 2020 Subi lifted. Cali Raised Off Road in Buena Park CA did a great job in working with me on getting the parts and getting her lifted. Went with LP Aventure for the lift kit and accessories, since they offered a full package of what I was searching for:

LP AVENTURE LIFT KIT - OUTBACK 2020-2021 - BLACK POWDER COATING 2"
LP Aventure kits do not interfere with the OEM designed Electronic Control System. Plus no cutting or alterations that cannot be undone.

LP AVENTURE BUMPER GUARD - LARGE - (PREMIUM SERIES) - 2020-2021 OUTBACK BLACK POWDER COAT + FRONT PLATE + FULL ARMOR
Made of DOM steel tubes 1.25"OD with 0.120" wall combined with DOM 1"OD with 0.095" wall, for more strength.

LP AVENTURE ROCK SLIDERS - SUBARU OUTBACK 2020-2021 (PAIR) - PRIMER + BLACK POWDER COATING
They are manufactured in DOM of different diameters: 1" , 1 1/4" , 1 1/2", and TIG welded.

ADF (ANDERSON DESIGN & FABRICATION)- ANTI WOBBLE INSERT 2.0 DIT/2.4 DIT TYPE 2 60D SOFT
The insert lessens the driveline lash felt as the torque converter locks and unlocks as well as the same movement felt on hard up shifts or downshifts

YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER A/T G015 235/60R18

Websites:
lpaventure.com
caliraisedoffroad.com
awdadventure.com

Ended up with a solid 2 inches of lift on the front and about 3 inches in the rear. So what are the pros and cons so far?

Pros:
-The car handles great, no wobble, no steering issues, all the driving electronics are functioning properly. The car actually feels a bit more stable and solid.

-I decided to get the anti wobble insert installed versus waiting to see if the wobbles would show up, since the car was already up for the lift. No wobbles and no vibrations.

-I went with a very conservative tire size, since I did not want to deal with any rub. But I think I have more than enough room to go with a bigger tire size. When I upgrade the rims will probably go bigger on the tires.

Cons:
-The bumper guard/engine plate takes some of the front height you have gained, but to me it's worth it for the protection. It is something to consider when adding a bumper guard/engine plate, and in my case I was aware that it would negate some of the gains. But I had a not so fun slide and bump on a wet trail over the winter and decided on the protection.

-Weight increase is something to greatly consider when adding equipment to your subi since it will lead to greater strain on components, fuel consumption, and brake wear. I can feel the weight a bit when i brake, nothing extreme, but I might consider a brake upgrade. No issues on ramps or curves.

-My outback did not come with a full size spare so I need to get a steel rim for the extra tire. I went with a conservative tire size that was also not extremely heavy. When I do the upgrade will take into consideration weight and size for the rims and tires. My hope is that the full size tire will fit in the rear under cargo area if it is deflated.

-Slight decrease in fuel consumption, but I also have a lead foot. But she still speeds up easily and hit 120-mph with no lag issues or strain.

-The headlights on the 2020 Subaru are super bright and even before the lift I was getting flashed on the road especially on the back mountain roads where it seems like your high beams are on. I might lower them just a hair if it becomes an issue.

Overall I am quite happy and hope to get a light bar installed, maybe a roof rack, but again I am trying to not add more weight, since I am quite happy with the overall performance of my subi with the lift and added weight. The upgrade was not cheap, I could have gone with cheaper parts and installation, but this car is a long term investment worth the price to upgrade. My last subi took me on 250,000 miles of fun and I expect just the same or more from this one also.

Cheers!
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Car Glasses Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Water Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,421 Posts
Congrats and thanks for a detailed post!

235/60-r18 will fit in your spare tire compartment, and there are a lot of people who have bought aftermarket wheels and selling genuine OEM wheels cheap for use with a full size spare. At least if you stick with OEM wheels, the spare having an OEM wheel will come in handy if one of the main 4 gets damaged. You can also do 5 tire rotations.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5 Crystal White
10 Posts
Thanks for the share. I also purchased the LP lift (waiting to install) and I’m also considering the rock sliders & bumper guard! I wasn’t aware of the wobble insert, will definitely look into that!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,421 Posts
The wobble insert is made by our very own @traildogck and he also sells them directly

Reactions: _mogli

·
Registered
242 Posts
Now you need to go back to the same trail and run the same line to see how it does!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts